Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Touched my dh computer screen a little too hard

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 8:38 am
& it broke. The screen now has lines all over & is unworkable.
I feel terrible as he needs it for work.

Finances are very tight now.

Is this fixable ? Anyone know ?

amother
Molasses

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 8:41 am
You can get the screen replaced possibly instead of replacing the whole thing. Take it to a computer repair place today. I’m assuming it’s a laptop. Is it a screen for a desktop computer?

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 9:19 am
Laptop
Is it pricy to replace the screen?
Do you know ?

Simple1  

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 9:27 am
I’m not a computer expert. But Is it a laptop or a separate monitor, because that you can replace for under $100 unless you need a special one with good color such as for graphics. Also how hard did you touch it? I would think it wouldn’t break from touching. Is it possible it fell and the crack didn’t show right away and then got bigger when you touched it?

mommyX2

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 9:31 am
If you're handy you can lookup which replacement screen to buy and buy on Amazon and replace yourself with videos on YouTube I did this for a Chromebook it cost about 50 dollars. But price at a computer shop. You can also attach an external monitor while you figure it out. You can prob borrow this from someone who has one sitting around unused

Simple1

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 9:31 am
amother OP wrote:
Laptop
Is it pricy to replace the screen?
Do you know ?

How old is it - does it have a warrantee?

amother
Steelblue

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 9:39 am
As a temporary measure you can borrow an external screen to plug in.

amother
Honey

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 10:11 am
So it could be two separate issues- do you mean just the glass broke so there’s cracks in the glass and now it’s too hard for him to work?

Or do you mean there are there are black lines underneath the screen, which would mean the pixels broke

If it’s just glass the screen can be replaced. If it’s the black/colored pixels underneath then it is not fixable and would need to replace the entire system

If it’s a desktop computer it’s cheaper because it’s just a new monitor. Obviously laptops are pricier

I’m curious what you did to it though because it wouldn’t just break from being touched, even hard

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Aug 18 2024, 11:15 am
amother Honey wrote:
So it could be two separate issues- do you mean just the glass broke so there’s cracks in the glass and now it’s too hard for him to work?

Or do you mean there are there are black lines underneath the screen, which would mean the pixels broke

Yes. The pixels are showing behind the screen. So strange

If it’s just glass the screen can be replaced. If it’s the black/colored pixels underneath then it is not fixable and would need to replace the entire system

If it’s a desktop computer it’s cheaper because it’s just a new monitor. Obviously laptops are pricier

I’m curious what you did to it though because it wouldn’t just break from being touched, even hard

& I literally just touched it hard by the corner

& saw a black thumb print.
& thought oh shoot , it’s broken

It’s a Lenovo laptop that he bought about 4 years ago & it was expensive back then.

I feel so bad Cz he really needs it for work & we are out of town - rented a summer bungalow for the week. With the intention that dh can work remotely.

So it’s not under warranty anymore.
Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics