Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
When should a boy make standing up?

amother
OP  

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 12:24 am
At what age do your boys pee standing up? My son is almost three, his morah says that all other boys pee standing up. I tried a few times with him, but he just can’t make unless he’s sitting. It’s not an aiming problem, he doesn’t make at all. Any advice?

amother
Aster

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 12:37 am
How long ago did you toilet train him? IME they start when they’re ready, when they see other boys doing it in Playgroup and they catch on. Don’t worry.

Fabulous

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 12:43 am
My boys started when it got too complicated to go sitting (spraying everywhere).

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 12:48 am
My advice is to leave your baby alone and let him pee how he wants to pee . Is the Morah a bit odd? She sounds strange .

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 12:59 am
My almost 3 year old ds started cheder. They only have urinals for #1. So that's what he knows. He can do both ways at home.

amother
Lily

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 1:01 am
My almost 3 year old is not trained yet 😬😔

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 2:04 am
He’s trained for almost half a year already BH. I guess I’ll give him some time. I just wasn’t sure because he’s my oldest and I don’t have any brothers.

hodeez

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 3:16 am
He'll probably pick it up from the other boys soon, not an area of concern at all

singleagain

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 3:34 am
I recently saw a thing somewhere on line that a lot of guys actually prefer to sit bc this apparently cleaner and more hygienic bc there aren't particles spraying everywhere or something.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 5:53 am
My 2 yo can't reach standing up so it'll be a while.

I had a large gap between my first boys and third son (and again between my third and fourth) and when my third was in 4 year olds, the teachers were discussing with me how they didn't know if he really belonged in the class and perhaps he should repeat (made the deadline by a couple of weeks).
2 things they mentioned were that he used the toilet sitting and didn't wipe himself.
It was ridiculous. I said, oh, should he go standing? We'll teach him, no problem. And wiping after making dirty was also a matter of teaching because I hadn't wanted him to do it himself at age 4. Those were irrelevant to class placement in my mind.
I did teach him those things, and while we definitely had other concerns, at least the teachers weren't on my back for those "signs of immaturity".

So I guess by 4 it's kind of expected 🤷‍♀️

el2cg

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 6:02 am
I have my boys stand a few weeks after they are toilet trained. I've toilet trained them between 2- 2.5. They stand on my feet to reach the toilet in my own house.. and they learn how to tippy toe if they can't reach... playgroup and cheder have small toilets, so it's not an issue there.

Makehumusnotwar

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 6:15 am
Why can't he do what is most comfortable for him? Is there some law that says that males need to stand when urinating??

Weird.

amother
  OP

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 8:46 am
Makehumusnotwar wrote:
Why can't he do what is most comfortable for him? Is there some law that says that males need to stand when urinating??

Weird.
I get that it would be a lot easier for them because in order to sit comfortably he sometimes needs help undressing on pant leg. But from the responses I get that he’s totally normal for his age.

amother
Yolk  

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 8:47 am
I’d let him be. You don’t want to give him bathroom issues. He’ll start when he’s ready.

amother
  Yolk

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 8:48 am
amother OP wrote:
I get that it would be a lot easier for them because in order to sit comfortably he sometimes needs help undressing on pant leg. But from the responses I get that he’s totally normal for his age.

Get him looser pants with no buttons that he can pull up and down easily.

amother
Birch

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 8:48 am
My boys switch to standing when they are tall enough, usually around age 4
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training