Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
I love having my son around.. but..

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 11:40 pm
This past year, my son was in a yeshiva a few hours away and wasn’t home often. This summer he’s been around a lot as he’s working locally and I absolutely love it. However, I’m finding it overwhelming that he keeps popping in with friends at all hours. I’m the type that if my cleaning lady is coming the next morning, I’m ok going to sleep with the house a mess. But then my son will text me when I’m half asleep, past midnight, that he’s coming home with friends. I love that he wants to bring his friends over all the time. But the stress of always feeling like the house has to be ready for visitors is getting to me. Can anyone else relate?

amother
Oatmeal

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 11:44 pm
Why in the world does your house have to be in great shape for teenage boys? Sorry, I can't relate.

simcha12plus

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 11:50 pm
reminder to myself: this is a passing phase.
what a joy that my son and his friends want to hang out HERE! there must be something inviting and warm about MY home.

your house does NOT need to be guest ready.
my daughter brought a friend from out of town for shabbos last week.
I was so nervous.
my house was flying.
it wasn’t cleaned up.
this girl comes from a very organized, put together house. generally, I take great pride in the seder in my home and I like to have everything just so. it’s been a rough summer and I just couldn’t get it together.
toys were on the floor, laundry on the steps, not tip top.
My daughter’s friend did not care.
She wants to come again.

it’s hectic here with the teens who are usually away being home.
But I know, they are leaving again soon, and I will long for the time when they are close to me and in my home and in my personal space.

I remind myself: this is a passing phase.

amother
Birch

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 11:59 pm
lol op teenage mom here. Neither Your son nor his friends care if your house is Martha Stewart approved. You’re doing something right that your home is their happy place.

Ease up on the pressure and enjoy this stage

thegiver

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 12:08 am
Your son is home!! Enjoy it!! Forget everything else!

shev

Post Fri, Aug 16 2024, 12:13 am
amother OP wrote:
This past year, my son was in a yeshiva a few hours away and wasn’t home often. This summer he’s been around a lot as he’s working locally and I absolutely love it. However, I’m finding it overwhelming that he keeps popping in with friends at all hours. I’m the type that if my cleaning lady is coming the next morning, I’m ok going to sleep with the house a mess. But then my son will text me when I’m half asleep, past midnight, that he’s coming home with friends. I love that he wants to bring his friends over all the time. But the stress of always feeling like the house has to be ready for visitors is getting to me. Can anyone else relate?

I ttly get u with wanting ure house neat when pppl come over. Doesnt matter who it is. Im the same way. No advice tho. Cuz, we all have days that we cant think of cleaning up before going to bed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children