Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
School that provides ot and pt for toddlers

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Aug 14 2024, 10:36 am
Thinking of sending my son next year because he seems to need more than a regular playgroup. Can anyone recommend a daycare that provides this , preferably south side of Lakewood.

stillnewlywed

Post Wed, Aug 14 2024, 10:40 am
Imagination Preschool

amother
NeonGreen

Post Wed, Aug 14 2024, 11:27 am
If you get your child EI, most of the official daycares will let you have the providers come to school. Plus it's free!.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Aug 14 2024, 11:31 am
amother NeonGreen wrote:
If you get your child EI, most of the official daycares will let you have the providers come to school. Plus it's free!.

He doesn’t

amother
Tomato  

Post Wed, Aug 14 2024, 11:32 am
By toddler do you mean under 3 or over 3? Until , 3 you can get EI which is free for many but there can be a cost share depending on your income. All daycares should let EI therapists in. Above 3 if you get evaluated by the BOE and are found eligible for special ed preschool you can send to linden or stars. If your child is more involved which it doesn't necessarily sound like they may send out of district to center or schi.
For children with a diagnosis of ASD there are a number of preschools that provide services and possibly start under age 3.
Hope this helps!

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Aug 14 2024, 11:35 am
amother Tomato wrote:
By toddler do you mean under 3 or over 3? Until , 3 you can get EI which is free for many but there can be a cost share depending on your income. All daycares should let EI therapists in. Above 3 if you get evaluated by the BOE and are found eligible for special ed preschool you can send to linden or stars. If your child is more involved which it doesn't necessarily sound like they may send out of district to center or schi.
For children with a diagnosis of ASD there are a number of preschools that provide services and possibly start under age 3.
Hope this helps!

He’s older 3 now. He’s a regular kid, just very low tone and also seems very sensory/ impulsive. I think he would benefit from a solid program, just not sure which one to start with. I thought I can do it through insurance since we have a good pl a n.

amother
  Tomato  

Post Wed, Aug 14 2024, 11:36 am
amother OP wrote:
He doesn’t

If he is under 3 and needs services your best bet is to apply for EI and send to a good daycare that will accommodate. Center's daycare is integrated, they do not provide therapy, the therapists are through EI but the teachers are excellent and very knowledgeable. It is unlikely that they have space for next year at this point but you can call

amother
  Tomato

Post Wed, Aug 14 2024, 11:37 am
amother OP wrote:
He’s older 3 now. He’s a regular kid, just very low tone and also seems very sensory/ impulsive. I think he would benefit from a solid program, just not sure which one to start with. I thought I can do it through insurance since we have a good pl a n.

He probably would benefit from a good placement and services. A good insurance plan will help you if you have a diagnosis of ASD. Otherwise apply to the BOE for evaluations and see if they will cover placement. Linden provides transportation. Stars is on prospect and does not. Both require you to go through the BOE evaluation process
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries