Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Chosson album - do you like receiving it?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Hydrangea

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 7:14 am
Not chassidish. I would've loved getting pictures of my husband growing up. That's something that my kids would've enjoyed looking at! Instead I got a box of his report cards starting from first grade and up. Like what am I supposed to do with that. I just want to throw that out. My husband can't part with it. Thanks, mom. Best. Gift. Ever. More junk .

zigi

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 7:33 am
Yes! It was so cute seeing him grow up. He liked to talk about the pictures.
It was a scrap book that mil made. She is not frum. The kids like looking at it too!

amother
Blushpink

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 4:30 pm
I got one over 20 years ago. It was a handmade scrapbook that must’ve taken hours to put together. It was so nice to receive and I loved looking through it. It was so unexpected but I really appreciated it.

I still look through it once in a while. It’s fun for my kids to see the pictures too.

Old Pictures mil gives us now can be annoying because I don’t have a place for them (and feel bad getting rid of her memories)

amother
Jean

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 4:34 pm
I didn’t appreciate it. I felt like I was forced to gush over baby pics of my dh… I know they didn’t mean anything, but the custom just felt icky, sexist and off to me. Like I was forced into the blushing bride trope and I better be it whether I like it or not.

I would have appreciated it much more but once I was married

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 9:02 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:
Not chassidish. I would've loved getting pictures of my husband growing up. That's something that my kids would've enjoyed looking at! Instead I got a box of his report cards starting from first grade and up. Like what am I supposed to do with that. I just want to throw that out. My husband can't part with it. Thanks, mom. Best. Gift. Ever. More junk .

What's really bothering you? If it takes up space you don't have, digitalize it and return to MIL for safekeeping/ storage.
Explain that you have the real thing, these will be better by her - they are her memories too....

chestnut

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 9:08 pm
amother Khaki wrote:
Photos of a woman? Or even a little girl?
Surely not!!!
How can you even countenance such an idea?!

Hiding LOL Can't Believe It Can't Believe It Hiding

Lol
I'm a rebel like that

amother
Gardenia

Post Tue, Aug 13 2024, 11:47 pm
I got married 20 years ago. Chassidish. Everyone in my circles got one. But it was handmade scrapbook style, definitely didn't cost more than a few dollars.
I don't think it's worth spending hundreds of dollars on it. That's just ridiculous.
I never got one though and it bothered me a bit. I would've loved to see it.
After I got married dh and I asked MIL for some photos of my husband growing up. A few years later when they came to us for shabbos they gave us a few.
I'm not sure why but my Mil keeps her family photos out of reach in her bedroom. Nobody ever looks at them or has free access. It was a whole ordeal for us to look at it after our wedding.
I'm not sure what's the point of having pictures if nobody can look at them but oh well, to each their own.

My son is only 18 but I plan to put together a snapfish type of book when he iy"h gets engaged. I don't really mind if his kallah won't appreciate it, I know my son will!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics