Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Really fun (but not $$$$) near Monsey NY
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

proudmomma

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 5:58 am
I would recommend The Beast speed boat ride. It's loads of fun for all ages! There's a nice park nearby with sprinklers and picnic tables for lunch/dinner. The boat stops near the Statue of Liberty for a photo op and stunning views of the city! I took my oot nieces there and they were still raving about it months later!

amother
Opal

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 6:25 am
If you have nine kids k’ih you might be able to get a group rate at American Dream. I would contact them and ask bc sometimes they will give you a package deal. They did that for my friends family if Chol Ha’moad

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 6:37 am
OMG! wrote:
If your doing ruach hachaim park in Monroe and you want another activity, there’s a cute boating place 5 minutes from Monroe. They also have a little petting zoo, jumping balloons and atv for a little more money. Lmk if you need the phone number

Would love info for this place.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 7:26 am
proudmomma wrote:
I would recommend The Beast speed boat ride. It's loads of fun for all ages! There's a nice park nearby with sprinklers and picnic tables for lunch/dinner. The boat stops near the Statue of Liberty for a photo op and stunning views of the city! I took my oot nieces there and they were still raving about it months later!

Thanks!
Looks good for when we are in Brooklyn iyH, but too far of a shlep for a Monsey trip, for us.
And we are more often in Brooklyn.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 7:36 am
amother Opal wrote:
If you have nine kids k’ih you might be able to get a group rate at American Dream. I would contact them and ask bc sometimes they will give you a package deal. They did that for my friends family if Chol Ha’moad

I have 7, (one is a baby). So definitely not enough for a group rate. But thanks for the idea!

amother
Sand

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 8:40 am
would you be interested in renting electric bikes?
there's a rental near the Mario coumo bridge, you can bike over the bridge, there are gorgeous lookouts or I think they have a trail as well. It's really fun
https://beentheredonethattrips.....n-ny/

amother
Jean

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 3:58 pm
amother OP wrote:
Coming from OOT to be in Monsey for a few days. I have a family of 9 kah and can't do anything insanely expensive...
I do want a very fun trip to do one day to make this trip more a TRIP. But on the other hand do not want to break the bank.
I was thinking of American Dream Mall, but after looking at what is there and the prices, I am not sure it fits the bill with my family. I can't see us spending less than $300 there for sure, but probably closer to $500. Unless I'm totally off on that? But, besides the price, we wouldn't do many of the activities- we don't like heights or rides. We do a lot of mini golf by us, so not exciting. The only things may be ok are the maze and tilt.

Legoland is too young for my family, I think. My oldest is 15. Would it work? We don't love crazy rides usually.

Any other ideas?

Also, maybe a day outdoors, low key?

Thanks!

There are some farms local. West Maple, Animal Interactions (a little more expensive but more personalized and hands on).

There's the bear mountain zoo. You can see the animals for free (they will take a donation if you offer) and they have little cabins with interesting things like a taxidermy and animals skeletons of the animals in the region. They also will feed their birds of prey dead mice and you can see how some of them eat. Really cool if you're kids are into that!

The bridge is right there so you can walk that as well and take a hike all in one day.

There's ice skating in the palisades mall but that might be more than you went to spend as it will add up for that size family.

The palisades mall also has an indoor ropes course, rock climbing, and some other things. Don't know the price but it looks really FUN! Also fun to walk around.

Some beaches are close to empty on the weekday (I'm thinking Lake Tiorati. It has to be a weekday and earlier in the day). Especially if the forecast has rain in it. It's $10 parking and you can BBQ, swim, sit on the sand, or go on a hike.

Piermont Pier is fun to walk as well. You can see people fishing, there are interesting custom bird houses on many of the trees that is really fun to find and see. There's a visitor center but it always looks closed (maybe in the summer it's open?). There's a park with some interesting structure (I think a wheel from a train??) in it and a cute library. I think there is a boat rental there as well during the summer.

amother
Cinnamon  

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 6:26 pm
Foot golf is really fun !!! It’s a little under an hour from monsey and not expensive at all. You get a golf cart included for every 4 people for $30 a golf cart and admission is $25 a person. You get soccer balls for each person and you basically have to kick the ball into the hole- as if you’re playing golf but with a soccer ball. My teen’s and my toddlers equally had the best best time. This will definitely earn your teens bragging rights

amother
Mayflower

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 7:09 pm
I believe the $29 tickets to Legoland that someone mentioned are for the big new amusement park in Goshen. Not the small Lego attraction in American Dream.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 7:45 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
I believe the $29 tickets to Legoland that someone mentioned are for the big new amusement park in Goshen. Not the small Lego attraction in American Dream.

Thanks, I understood:-)

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 7:47 pm
amother Cinnamon wrote:
Foot golf is really fun !!! It’s a little under an hour from monsey and not expensive at all. You get a golf cart included for every 4 people for $30 a golf cart and admission is $25 a person. You get soccer balls for each person and you basically have to kick the ball into the hole- as if you’re playing golf but with a soccer ball. My teen’s and my toddlers equally had the best best time. This will definitely earn your teens bragging rights

We actually did this before and had fun! Wouldn't drive so far for it in this trip though. Thanks!

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 7:47 pm
amother Jean wrote:
There are some farms local. West Maple, Animal Interactions (a little more expensive but more personalized and hands on).

There's the bear mountain zoo. You can see the animals for free (they will take a donation if you offer) and they have little cabins with interesting things like a taxidermy and animals skeletons of the animals in the region. They also will feed their birds of prey dead mice and you can see how some of them eat. Really cool if you're kids are into that!

The bridge is right there so you can walk that as well and take a hike all in one day.

There's ice skating in the palisades mall but that might be more than you went to spend as it will add up for that size family.

The palisades mall also has an indoor ropes course, rock climbing, and some other things. Don't know the price but it looks really FUN! Also fun to walk around.

Some beaches are close to empty on the weekday (I'm thinking Lake Tiorati. It has to be a weekday and earlier in the day). Especially if the forecast has rain in it. It's $10 parking and you can BBQ, swim, sit on the sand, or go on a hike.

Piermont Pier is fun to walk as well. You can see people fishing, there are interesting custom bird houses on many of the trees that is really fun to find and see. There's a visitor center but it always looks closed (maybe in the summer it's open?). There's a park with some interesting structure (I think a wheel from a train??) in it and a cute library. I think there is a boat rental there as well during the summer.

Thanks for the detailed ideas!

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 7:48 pm
amother Sand wrote:
would you be interested in renting electric bikes?
there's a rental near the Mario coumo bridge, you can bike over the bridge, there are gorgeous lookouts or I think they have a trail as well. It's really fun
https://beentheredonethattrips.....n-ny/

Btw the link comes up as it's closed.
Thanks for the idea!
Not sure my little ones can use an electric bike, anyway.

amother
Vanilla

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 7:57 pm
The playground in Monroe, is a very beautiful playground-but it’s just a playground.
If my 13 yo was a sport he could have a good time there, older then that it’s not age appropriate

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 8:32 pm
amother Vanilla wrote:
The playground in Monroe, is a very beautiful playground-but it’s just a playground.
If my 13 yo was a sport he could have a good time there, older then that it’s not age appropriate

Yeah, my 15 yo ds will be bored, but honestly he only likes to so sit and learn or read bh. My 13 yo DD loves playgrounds, so it'll work for her iyH!

newmother

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 10:42 pm
amother Cinnamon wrote:

What is this place called? I think my kids would enjoy. Thanks!

ittsamother

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 10:58 pm
A note about the bear mountain zoo, it's free because it's more of a conservatory than a zoo, it's mostly local animals they rescued, lots of birds and small animals, just about the only exciting exhibit was the one that had two bears. We went with our small kids, and my husband and I enjoyed the little museums and my kids were ok with the exhibits but if they'd been older than 5 I think they would have found it extremely underwhelming. As we left we were like, "duh it's free, no one would actually pay for this."

In Palisades they do have some fun entertainment but you just have to find the right fit. There was a fun mirror maze though I can't decide if it would be more fun with more people at a time or less. I don't think it's timed so you can try everyone going in at once and if that's too overwhelming then half of you could back out and wait.
Would they enjoy Billy Bees? Otherwise we've enjoyed 5 Wits, which is kinda like a dramatic escape the room, we've done it with 2 people but for sure would be a lot more action with a bigger group, you can probably send in the kids all together without the adults if you want to save on those tickets. They give guidance and hints as needed.
We also liked Time Mission, I think it was called, it's a whole bunch of rooms and each room has a different challenge and your group has to rack up as many points in the amount of time you signed up for as possible by entering rooms and solving the challenge as fast as they could, if they enjoy a room they can go in as many times as they want. There are a variety of challenges based on things like speed, finesse, wits, etc so different rooms can appeal to different kids and abilities.

amother
  Cinnamon

Post Wed, Aug 07 2024, 4:02 am
newmother wrote:
What is this place called? I think my kids would enjoy. Thanks!

https://www.crystalgolfresort......w_wcB

amother
Lily

Post Wed, Aug 07 2024, 4:22 am
I'm would you take your kids to Manhattan? Empire State Building, Central Park, pier village

amother
  Chocolate

Post Wed, Aug 07 2024, 9:04 am
amother Cinnamon wrote:
https://www.crystalgolfresort.com/golf/golf-offerings/footgolf?nck=8448763231&gclid=Cj0KCQjwmvSoBhDOARIsAK6aV7i7TJ3Bo2ou6r0LyTR3cE_12tsg-c7bEXEEI8xVEcQtdCZKyvOopmEaAnfYEALw_wcB

Would you stay at this place? Does it include all the activities for kids that it says on their website?
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics