Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bais Rochel school in Monsey starting late this year
Previous  1  2  3  4

bsy

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 9:29 pm
amother Tanzanite wrote:
This is the parents responsibility, not the schools.
Public school may sometimes start before jewish schools, but they end way before. And our school days are much longer than Public school days. So don't use public school as a comparison.

Public schools in NYC ALWAYS ends later than the Jewish schools.

amother
  Tanzanite  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 9:31 pm
bsy wrote:
Public schools in NYC ALWAYS ends later than the Jewish schools.

Not in monsey.

amother
  Firebrick  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 9:31 pm
amother Tanzanite wrote:
The school calendar is done with a cheshbon, not from 1 minute to the next. The calendar for the next year is done almost a year before.

And? Doesn't change anything I said.

amother
Zinnia

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 10:12 pm
My girls thankfully started today in a chassidish monsey school. Elementary.

IDK if OP is talking about elementary or HS but I don't think it matters. BR always prided themselves on being highly academic, pushing school, more hours than others, with Regents so they need to pack it in. What's this suddenly starting so late? I was very surprised when I heard from my nieces that they're starting elementary on Tuesday.

It's simple: BR became a school with no oversight. There's no kehilla or Rav or Rebbe or even a strong Vaad behind it anymore, so they can do what they want and STILL have people banging down their doors to get in.

amother
  Brickred

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 10:26 pm
amother Zinnia wrote:
My girls thankfully started today in a chassidish monsey school. Elementary.

IDK if OP is talking about elementary or HS but I don't think it matters. BR always prided themselves on being highly academic, pushing school, more hours than others, with Regents so they need to pack it in. What's this suddenly starting so late? I was very surprised when I heard from my nieces that they're starting elementary on Tuesday.

It's simple: BR became a school with no oversight. There's no kehilla or Rav or Rebbe or even a strong Vaad behind it anymore, so they can do what they want and STILL have people banging down their doors to get in.
They never had any oversight, from 40 years ago. There are some people that pull the strings and that's that.
Don't worry, there's a day of reckoning for all.

amother
Calendula

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 10:43 pm
amother Tanzanite wrote:
This is the parents responsibility, not the schools.
Public school may sometimes start before jewish schools, but they end way before. And our school days are much longer than Public school days. So don't use public school as a comparison.

Public school is FREE

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 11:02 pm
I still did not get a single valid reason or benefit of starting school later rather than earlier.

My question remains, WHY ?? Why the sudden change this year and what for?
Just the fact that a different school starts later does not answer the above question.

cnc

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 11:03 pm
amother Calendula wrote:
Public school is FREE

No they're not. They're paid for with my taxes.

amother
  Firebrick

Post Thu, Sep 05 2024, 11:41 pm
amother OP wrote:
I still did not get a single valid reason or benefit of starting school later rather than earlier.

My question remains, WHY ?? Why the sudden change this year and what for?
Just the fact that a different school starts later does not answer the above question.

I did give you an answer. It's not for your benefit. It's because the school can do whatever they want. End of story. I'm truly sorry. I'm in the same boat.

amother
  OP

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 11:26 am
amother Calendula wrote:
Public school is FREE

Not only is it not free, it is going to go up with 5% soon.
We basically pay tuition twice, once for our kids and another tuition for the public school kids.

Of course all illegal Hispanics and other elements that rent, are not paying a penny for school or for their super expensive bilingual teachers that they are entitled to.

amother
  DarkRed

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 2:10 pm
amother Tan wrote:
Nope started this week. Maybe the newer chabad school is starting next week but last yr they also started late dir to staffing, location, and money

I am talking about regular Cheder Chabad girls school. They had orientation this week, but their first day of school is on Monday next week.
I asked about the newer Chabad school. The boys Cheder starts Rosh Chodesh Elul every year. The girls school started late last year and this year, solely due to the new location.

amother
  Tanzanite

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 2:13 pm
amother OP wrote:
Not only is it not free, it is going to go up with 5% soon.
We basically pay tuition twice, once for our kids and another tuition for the public school kids.

Of course all illegal Hispanics and other elements that rent, are not paying a penny for school or for their super expensive bilingual teachers that they are entitled to.

Public school is open for everyone. Whoever wants free schooling, can send there. Private school is technically a luxury in the greater world.

amother
  Seagreen

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 3:29 pm
So technically I'm paying my cleaning lady $15 an hour plus taxi plus free school for her kids plus free insurance plus free food plus free phone (lifeline ) . I think she makes more than me ....

amother
Caramel

Post Fri, Sep 06 2024, 6:59 pm
amother Seagreen wrote:
So technically I'm paying my cleaning lady $15 an hour plus taxi plus free school for her kids plus free insurance plus free food plus free phone (lifeline ) . I think she makes more than me ....

So clean your own house, don't take an income, apply for free insurance, free food, free phone and send to free school.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics