Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
How much can I charge for this type of playgroup?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 11:46 pm
I don't feel my 2 yr old is ready to be separated from me a whole day in playgroup. At the same time I think she will benefit and enjoy having others her age to play with and I enjoy kids (plus I would need some money if I'm home with her) Therefore I was thinking maybe to make a mini playgroup for her with 3 or at most 4 other kids her age (so up to 5 altogether).

With such a small group I would be able to make it more child lead/ customized for each child - for example if one child naps earlier and one later (or not at all) I can accommodate, if the one child rather free play then a specific activity that would be fine, I wouldn't force him/her to join if it's not something they are ready for and etc...In a regular playgroup teachers can't allow that as much bec if one child doesn't do something 5-10 other kids also don't want to or if one kid can't sit nicely, it's a problem (I've worked as a SEIT for many years so see how playgroups works). With a smaller group I feel it will be much easier to work with each individual child.

I would probably start off the year more babysitter like and slowly get more structured/like a real playgroup as the year goes on....

Do you think people would join so close to the school year at this point? And how much can I charge per child? I probably wouldnt want to do longer then 9-2. Would love no Fridays but can be flexible....

amother
Clear  

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 12:05 am
Depends alot on your location and what babysitters/ playgroups charge in your area.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 8:53 am
I think people would join. It's hard to find non-vouchers playgroups. You can probably charge $600/month

amother
Valerian

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 9:06 am
I would join, but 2 pm dismissal would be a no from me. I've sent to an incredible playgroup for ages 3-4 that was 9-2:30 and took on less work that year as it was worth it for the incredible morahs. I do per diem work, so pick up at 2:30 means I cannot do a case 1:45-215 or 2-2:30 etc. So that is a huge factor into this, essentially pickup up at 2 pm means I have to stop working at 1:30. I don't think most working mothers can swing that. I'm in Brooklyn, my husband wouldnt be able to make a pickup at 2 pm, earliest is 2:35. Unless you are near an area where kollel fathers will pick up etc I don't know the dynamics of your neighborhood.
Btw They charged $450 a month a few years ago, and went up to $500 2 years ago

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 12:53 pm
Absolutely people are looking for someone with smaller ratios.
I have someone who does it on my block.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 12:58 pm
2pm would be way too early for me (and 9 am would be too late for me). I don’t know what kind of jobs people have that send to daycares with such few hours. I’m sure it works for some ppl. Just so curious what kinds of jobs ppl have. Ik it’s off topic

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 1:16 pm
Absolutely for stay at home moms. The biggest issue you might have with this arrangement is your child might not want to share their toys and mom making it unfair to the other kids.

amother
RosePink

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 1:20 pm
Depending where you live there seems to be a need in general. I live in Baltimore and still seeing posts on the frum chats looking for childcare for all ages up to school age. What you charge for it will depend on the area. I paid about $300 in Baltimore for 9-1 but it was 5 years ago (10 kids). I know the prices went up a lot since then.

amother
Tan  

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 1:22 pm
I sent this past year to similar arrangement. I paid $8/ hr with total 4 kids, would pay less for 5. Part of why I paid so much (this is above rate in my area) was because of the amazing flexible hours basically u could send from 7:30 - till 5:30 (I didnt use all those hours but some of my days were early and some late)
your hours would never work for me. I work so those hours wont cut it and if I was a stay at home mother im not sure I would send out at 2 maybe I dont know I would think I would rather do a round robin.

amother
  Tan

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 1:23 pm
And to add it’s definitely not too late in my neighborhood. Lots are still scrambling. I have my son registered somewhere but im still looking for something better if I find something I will just lose my deposit

amother
  Clear

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 5:50 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
I think people would join. It's hard to find non-vouchers playgroups. You can probably charge $600/month
again depends on the location. Where I live there are many non voucher playgroups and most kids do have vouchers so it's easier to get a slot in the non voucher playgroups and almost impossible in a voucher playgroup.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 5:58 pm
I send my 2 yo DD to a playgroup with 7 kids 9:30 to 3, there is the main morah and an assistant for some of the hours. I love a small group the morah always knows what your child was up to.
I think around 600 makes sense.

amother
Bluebell

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 6:16 pm
Anyone know of a playgroup for one year old voucher in BP

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 8:30 pm
I send to a bigger group of around 16 kids.
9:30-3:30 and Friday till 12. No transportation. Food provided. Great morah for $600/monthly.

flory42

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 8:55 pm
500 to 600 is good. I work very part time so that would be great for me and I would always prefer a small group.
But keep in mind that you’re not really a stay at home mom anymore because after 2 doesn’t leave you with as much flexibility to get to appointments, etc. and you will be tired from the whole day as well. Will you have time for yourself if you’re not getting it while your 2 year old naps, since you’ll be with the other kids? Also hard to never take off if you’re not feeling well, etc since you’ll have the responsibility now.

amother
Sunflower

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 9:17 pm
Bear in mind that 2 is an awkward time to end because most toddlers nap 1-3 or 12:30-2:30 or so. Are they ending the day with nap and you wake them when parents come? Are they just staying up till they get home at 2?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries