Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Ready for Moshiach
Previous  1  2  3

NechaMom

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 10:47 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
The Rebbe says we'll greet Moshiach in our dirty clothes. We're all more than ready, we're all pure Yidden it's not even a doubt about whether we are ready to welcome Melech haMoshiach! Long live the King!

Perfect. My clothes are dirty right now. I'm ready.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 10:50 pm
NechaMom wrote:

Lol
Already???
The nine days just began...

Thisisnotmyreal  

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 11:09 pm
NechaMom wrote:

It means the levushim our thought speech and action not being 💯 perfect.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 11:44 pm
sequoia wrote:
Won’t you feel really bad if that doesn’t happen?

I feel really bad this instant because we're still in Galus.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 11:51 pm
Rabbi Kessin is talking a lot about Trump coming in and helping rid the world of evil, is that going to happen after mashiach arrives? It makes me feel like mashiach can't come until after Trump is elected...

amother
  Crystal

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 6:41 am
amother Blue wrote:
Rabbi Kessin is talking a lot about Trump coming in and helping rid the world of evil, is that going to happen after mashiach arrives? It makes me feel like mashiach can't come until after Trump is elected...

I am the OP of the other rabbi kessin thread. Firstly, we have no idea the stages of what will happen, maybe with moshiach Ben Yosef he will come and things will improve slowly (so with trump in office he will help). But also, what happens if Trump loses the election? 😮

amother
Snowflake

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 7:13 am
amother Blue wrote:

I think its dangerous to take such speculations as predictions. I didn't hear his shiurim, but I've heard other compelling shiurim (back to when he was president), saying how he is preparing the way for moshiach.
We can look at current events and try to find the thread of how moshiach times are unfolding, it can be inspirational, amd motivate us to get ready, but we can't get stuck in one way of interpreting. We know it is all yad Hashem, but we don't know the exact process or how things will unfold, or what is what. One if the 13 ikrim is to believe Moshiach can come at any moment. So if hearing that trump is instrumental in paving the way for moshiach, or that he must be here before 2030, inspires you in this belief, and motivates you in your torah observance - great. If it does the opposite-makes you worry, or despair that it isn't fast enough, or may not happen - maybe it's not the shiurim you need to be listening to. It is speculation. It's possible, but we will only know it's accuracy in hindsight.

amother
Thistle

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 7:34 am
Trump may be instrumental or anyone else. I don't think the Zohar wrote down by name.

There is what is quoted and what may appear to be in opinion. I don't think the Rabbi is suggesting that he knows as fact, like by nevuah or by meforash, how the politics of it all will definitely play out.

b.chadash

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 7:41 am
sequoia wrote:
Won’t you feel really bad if that doesn’t happen?

As I said in the other thread, I personally don't believe we should take his shiurim as predictions or as Toras Moshe MiSinai. (He himself says he is not a navi and is not making predictions). While I do find his shiurim fascinating and compelling, I do not hold the dates to be the absolute "Truth". I think there's a good possibility that his interpretations are right, but he can also be mistaken, as have many people before him.

There is a gemara that says that Moshiach will arrive suddenly, when we will least expect it. There are many sayings of Chazal that seem ambiguous, and can be interpreted many ways. The bottom line is that no one knows definitively.
We need to believe that Moshiach can come at any moment.

At the same time, I do agree with you, that there is a danger to these predictions and giving exact dates. Many people latch onto them with tremendous faith and then experience a loss in emuna when those things do not come to pass.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 11:38 am
I’m so ready. I’m just begging for him to come everyday….

shanarishona

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 1:41 am
The Rabbi Nissel Shiur on Moshiach is OUTSTANDING!

I think the link is in this thread but if it’s not just go to Torah Anytime and search for Rabbi Nissel and look for Moshiach.

Wow!
Thank you to whomever recommended it!

thegiver

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 1:51 am
Told my husband I need help picking out a dress this is urgent.

amother
Eggshell

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 2:45 am
I don’t know Rabbi Kessin but here’s my benchmark. If this is the first time he’s predicted Moshiach I get it. But if someone predicted Moshiach by Covid, by 9/11 etc. etc. and predicts it with trump too I certainly hope and believe that Moshiach could come at any time, but I’m not super impressed. I think that’s a pretty logical position.

amother
Daylily

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 5:39 am
This is a great thread, thanks OP for starting it.

I'm so afraid for mashiach. I want to want galus to end... But what will life look like with mashiach? Will I still have my identity (job, friends, home etc.?)

My personality is to be afraid of change. Even great changes! I was afraid of marriage (bh I now know that fear was unwarranted), afraid to start my new job, which again, was an unwarranted fear. I'm just a pretty nervous person in general.

I have a mashiach bag that I think of packing every time I hear some terrifying news (which seems daily, recently). But then I forget and don't actually do it...

But maybe the action of packing the bag will spur on the excitement
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational