Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 10:05 pm
amother Sage wrote:
I’ve heard people say they’re afraid
It seems to be from lack of knowledge learning or misunderstandings
It is a very desirable goal
We will all be safe free and happy
In a truly harmonious peaceful world

Good questions and good time to ask
The more we learn and yearn the faster we will be kcheref ayin in the Geulah Shleimah after all this long bitter exile!

Yes lack of education.

amother
  Sage  

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 10:05 pm
Right
The more we learn the better
Good people are asking

b.chadash  

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 10:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is everyone going to die before? And then it will start to happen? I think I heard that before

I don't know if anyone knows the definitive answers, though the Rambam and others talk about it.
I heard a story recently (I think from Rabbi Breitowitz) that a woman once came to Rabbi Shlomo Zalman Auerbach and asked him what will be when the dead are resurrected of she had two husband's during her lifetime. Who will she be with and wont it be a whole mess?
He said that he doesn't know the answer, but one thing is clear: Moshiach will make everything better, not worse. She doesn't have to worry that things will be worse.

Last edited by b.chadash on Sun, Aug 04 2024, 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
  Sage  

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 10:07 pm
Fear can come when someone thinks the Geulah Shleimah means their life and loved ones and they themselves disappear
No that’s not how it works
the world exists as it is now but far better

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 10:23 pm
Moshiach education playlist:

amother
Apple

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 10:35 pm
b.chadash wrote:
https://torahanytime.com/lectures/311788

The relevant quote is only 2 minutes in.
He says that he mentioned it in the previous shiur as well, that based on the Zohar, techias hameisim has to start 210 years before the end, which comes out to 5790 (2030). And Moshiach Ben Dovid has to come before that.

So he isn't predicting when moshiach will come. He is making calculations based on sources and translating it to secular dates. It's well known that moshiach will arrive by the year 6000 latest, and we hope and pray and trust that he will be here much sooner (he can come at any moment).

sequoia

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 10:47 pm
ShishKabob wrote:

It gets very tricky when someone gives a definite date or time. We know that we have to serve Hashem regardless if Moshiach comes in that time frame or not. We have to continue living and do the right thing.
We are not supposed to sell our homes and stop doing business etc..
These kind of predictions don't allow us to serve Hashem like we are supposed to.
Maybe it's just me, but,
I don't see that it makes people do tshuva in waves.
It just induces some kind of panic of not knowing what will be and adds to the confusion and mental stress.

Very well put.

amother
  Bluebell

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 11:37 pm
amother Apple wrote:
So he isn't predicting when moshiach will come. He is making calculations based on sources and translating it to secular dates. It's well known that moshiach will arrive by the year 6000 latest, and we hope and pray and trust that he will be here much sooner (he can come at any moment).

But the year 6000, is over 200 years away. Not year 2030.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 1:04 am
OP I didn't read through all the comments. If Rav Kessin Predicts Techiyas Hameisim in 2030 does this mean we will have this war until then?

amother
Cherry

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 1:12 am
I didn’t read all responses but moshiach can come now even if Tchias hameisim will be 2030.
Moshiach coming doesn’t mean tchias hameisim. That’s l’eusid luvoy.
When mishmash comes there will be no shibid guliyois.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 1:41 am
I have heard more than one rav state that Mashiach has to come I think within the next 2 decades. Not based on nevuah or ruach hakodesh at all, just based on chazals on what has to happen before the year 6000, and how long the period of Mashiach has to be before then.

tf

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 3:17 am
amother OP wrote:
So how do I reconcile this with the fact that he is a tremendous Talmid Chacham and a tzadik.

He still is a human being

amother
Lightcyan

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 3:43 am
Until it happens, noone knows what will happen.
The rambam discourages studying this topic.
Predictions have been made many many times by very great people. They are telling us an opportune time when Moshiach COULD come. If that time passes, it doesn't mean they were wrong, we just missed that particular opportunity.

Our obligation to believe he can come any day and long for him are not affected by any predictions!

salt

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 4:12 am
amother Bluebell wrote:

Yes but he's quoting something from the Zohar that says that techiyat hametim will happen 210 years before the end.
Not many people understand the Zohar.

I suggest the OP writes to
https://torahanytime.com/contact-us

and submits a question to this lecturer.

amother
Bergamot  

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 4:26 am
Quoting the zohar isn't predicting. Its quoting the zohar. I think every Rav & gadol today says we are in the era of mashiach, not as hyperbole but based on Torah.

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 4:40 am
Rabbi Kessin quoted the Leshem who wrote a commentary on the Zohar. The Leshem is Rav Elyashiv z"l's grandfather, a great torah scholar. https://www.theleshem.org/

When I told my husband about this prediction from the Leshem, he told me that his father always laughed at predictions. (His father was a Radomsker chossid from Lodz who worked all day and learned all night. He smuggled food into the ghetto and laid tefillin in front of the nazis. As an aside, he had more Torah in his pinky finger than most full time learners today).

That being said, I find Rabbi Kessin's analysis of things interesting and compelling.

If you want major chizuk look up Rabbi Jonathan Rietti on Torahanytime. One of the best shiurim I have ever watched is this: https://torahanytime.com/lectures/199571 titled Are We Witnessing Amalek's Last Stand? FANTASTIC. What we need now is CHIZUK. Not to have to start worrying what will happen and how will we die.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 6:15 am
amother Bluebell wrote:

There is something about a large bulk of years having been lost in the calculation through galus. (Maybe 150 years). I don’t know it exactly, maybe someone else knows better

amother
DarkRed

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 6:23 am
amother OP wrote:
So how do I reconcile this with the fact that he is a tremendous Talmid Chacham and a tzadik.

That not all great prople are actually as great as we think.
There is always a navi sheker. Thats what I thought of when I read your op.

amother
  Sage

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 6:34 am
Some say Moshiach is already here
He is waiting for Hashem to allow him to reveal himself
May it be now

There were those who didn’t believe Moshe rabbenu when he came to lead us out of Golus mitzrayim. So following that prototype this seems to fit that some are fearful. B”ah this time no Jew will be left behind.

What does it all mean? I don’t know
I do know it is going to be good
Hashem Promised

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 7:48 am
amother Sage wrote:
I’ve heard people say they’re afraid
It seems to be from lack of knowledge learning or misunderstandings
It is a very desirable goal
We will all be safe free and happy
In a truly harmonious peaceful world

Good questions and good time to ask
The more we learn and yearn the faster we will be kcheref ayin in the Geulah Shleimah after all this long bitter exile!

You’re probably referring to the great Amoraim in the Gemara Sanhedrin who were indeed afraid. They were terrified of the events that would lead to Moshiachs arrival which would be terrible indeed.
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational