Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Rabbi Mendel Kessin- predicting techiyas hamesisim
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
  Bergamot

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 3:15 pm
The year 6000 iirc is based on "and on the seventh day He rested". When 6000 begins we are in the seventh millennium.

amother
  Mistyrose

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 3:43 pm
amother Lemonchiffon wrote:
I've had the same question about the year 6000 and from my research, while it's not one of the 13 ikrim, it's an accepted fact based and backed solidly by Torah. It could be it's similar to yetziyas mitzrayim that we can make a calculation error so we don't know exactly what will happen when.

I say this often, but we Jews are historically very bad at counting. Think the egel, galus bavel a few times…sometimes Hashem counts “early” like yetzias mitzrayim, and sometimes the start date is later than we thought, like galus bavel. And sometimes we make a mistake. Point being, even if it’s 2030 and Mashiach is not here, don’t give up hope. Even if it’s the year 6000 and Moshiach isn’t here, don’t give up hope.

amother
  Nectarine

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 3:50 pm
amother Bergamot wrote:
The year 6000 iirc is based on "and on the seventh day He rested". When 6000 begins we are in the seventh millennium.

I heard it’s based on שני אלפים תוהו, שני אלפים תורה, ושני אלפים ימות המשיח

amother
Rainbow

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 3:54 pm
I heard when I was younger that techiyas hemeisim won't happen right away. Everything that will happen will happen in increments. First moshiach will come, then techiyas hemeisim and then other things. It will take a good long while until everything falls into place. Also, a year down here is a like one day up there. There is no time there.
Mainly, we need to remember that our brains can't understand and we can't understand what will be. It's beyond our human understand. We just got to have emunah and bitachon to the best of our abilities that we are where we are meant to be and moshiach will come when he is good and ready.

b.chadash  

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 4:03 pm
The source that correlates one day of Creation to the thousand years is in Tehillim 90:4, כִּ֤י אֶ֪לֶף שָׁנִ֡ים בְּֽעֵינֶ֗יךָ כְּי֣וֹם אֶ֭תְמוֹל
- a thousand years in Hashem's eyes are like one day in our eyes.

For more in this topic, see my thread on The Light of redemption through the ages. This explains the Creation Calendar.

b.chadash

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 4:27 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
I say this often, but we Jews are historically very bad at counting. Think the egel, galus bavel a few times…sometimes Hashem counts “early” like yetzias mitzrayim, and sometimes the start date is later than we thought, like galus bavel. And sometimes we make a mistake. Point being, even if it’s 2030 and Mashiach is not here, don’t give up hope. Even if it’s the year 6000 and Moshiach isn’t here, don’t give up hope.

100%
Also, the saga of the Bnei Ephraim who left Mitzrayim prematurely because they miscounted the end of the galus by 30 years....they all tragically died.

First Lady

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 5:37 pm
b.chadash wrote:
A while ago, I wrote up a summary of several of Rabbi Kessin's lectures.
One of them, entitled "The Light of redemption throughout the ages, " is not based on current events, but gives an overview of history from the beginning of time and the patterns we can see.
It was obviously a shiur that moved me greatly, and I am still fascinated by its premise.
If anyone is interested, here is the link of the summary: https://www.imamother.com/foru.....00810

Really appreciated reading this. Thank you.

Bunch of Tulips

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 11:38 pm
the egel happened because of miscounting one night.

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Aug 06 2024, 12:36 am
Ok back to the matter at hand. Is techiyas hameissim really happening by 2030
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational