Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
54” beds downsizing question
Previous  1  2  3

zaq

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 6:04 am
amother OP wrote:
Oy we don’t have a private bathroom either place, like not in master or kids room lol. But that is a good trade off.

I’m wondering if we could do 1 39 and 1 48 or if that wouldn’t feel right.
a friend of mine has this. It looks a bit odd but why should you care unless you sell bedding from home and use your bedroom as a showroom?

amother
Offwhite

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 6:18 am
I have 60” beds at home and I’m in 48” beds for the summer. It’s really affecting my intimate life. I rlly don’t like it. Can’t wait to get back to my big beds.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 6:41 pm
Thank you all so so much! Leaning to getting 2 44” beds, just have to be ready to spend iyh
Thanks!

amother
  Pewter

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 7:34 pm
Im curious, for those of you who have 2 different sizs beds, do you not buy linen in a Jewish store as those come in sets of two?
And do your kids never comment?

Or for those who push the beds together, do kids comment as well?

amother
  Honey  

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 1:11 am
zaq wrote:
a friend of mine has this. It looks a bit odd but why should you care unless you sell bedding from home and use your bedroom as a showroom?

just saying. we had this at one point. it really bothered me. some of us like rooms to look tidy/symmetrical/intentional whatever. I just felt like it always looked messy and odd, off-kilter. nothing to do with using the bedroom as a showroom.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 6:33 am
amother Pewter wrote:
Im curious, for those of you who have 2 different sizs beds, do you not buy linen in a Jewish store as those come in sets of two?

I have a king size bed and my DH has a full size bed. I buy linen matching but in different sizes. The sets of 2 are not an issue, that's just the spare set. No it's not symmetrical looking but who cares. I love a ton of space, my kids sometimes come sleep with me in middle of the night so it works. We used to both have full size beds but then DH bought me a king size bed for my birthday. Best present ever! My kids are of all ages and never questioned any of it.

amother
  Mauve

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 8:18 am
amother Pewter wrote:

I buy linen from ikea or target- you can get the same set in two different sizes easily.

If you want from the frum stores, just have 2 sets in each size of a matching pattern for when one is in the laundry

amother
Broom

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 11:11 am
Are these numbers all East Coast things?
We do Twin, Full, Queen, King... that's all the stores here sell.
We have two twins. Works for us. Used to have one full and one twin but didn't fit when we moved apartments. We're ok. It works for us.
Honestly don't know anyone who had anything different. (No I don't purposely look at other people's private bedrooms but sometimes they have left it unlocked, my toddler ran in and they gave me permission to get them out. Or when I was nursing the rocker was in there and they told me to nurse in their room...)

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 11:33 am
amother Broom wrote:
Are these numbers all East Coast things?
We do Twin, Full, Queen, King... that's all the stores here sell.
We have two twins. Works for us. Used to have one full and one twin but didn't fit when we moved apartments. We're ok. It works for us.
Honestly don't know anyone who had anything different. (No I don't purposely look at other people's private bedrooms but sometimes they have left it unlocked, my toddler ran in and they gave me permission to get them out. Or when I was nursing the rocker was in there and they told me to nurse in their room...)

I mean we have 2 54” beds which are full. A twin is 39” and then yes in between sizes are from Jewish stores on the east coast, like 44 or 48 inches. Which is why when I got married we got full size because we are from OOT and I had no idea the Jewish store sizes existed.
On the twin beds do you push them together? Or just leave them as 2 beds and fit on 1 together..

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 11:35 am
Im not asking to Chas vshalom be intrusive. I’m asking cuz practically speaking if we downsize I can’t imagine moving furniture all the time and probably won’t be pushing beds together and apart, would just leave as two separate beds personally

amother
  Lemon  

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 11:36 am
amother OP wrote:
Im not asking to Chas vshalom be intrusive. I’m asking cuz practically speaking if we downsize I can’t imagine moving furniture all the time and probably won’t be pushing beds together and apart, would just leave as two separate beds personally

We mostly leave them together and just push them part when need to at night. I bought furniture gliders, so it moves easy on the carpet. No matter what size beds I like having them next to each other.

amother
  Honey

Post Sun, Aug 04 2024, 11:37 pm
amother Lemon wrote:
We mostly leave them together and just push them part when need to at night. I bought furniture gliders, so it moves easy on the carpet. No matter what size beds I like having them next to each other.

this is something I want to understand... if you have two twins that you push together, and leave them that way most of the time--what kind of bedding do you have? how do you make the bed/s so that it/they look good during the daytime?

amother
  Lemon

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 4:47 am
amother Honey wrote:
this is something I want to understand... if you have two twins that you push together, and leave them that way most of the time--what kind of bedding do you have? how do you make the bed/s so that it/they look good during the daytime?

I have that foam thing and whole contraption that combines the bed and then can put king size sheet on. Honestly its a pain and unless not niddah for long time like pregnancy not really using it. I just make the beds like 2 separate beds pushed together
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics