Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
White tichel
Previous  1  2

amother
  Aconite  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 1:40 pm
amother OP wrote:
Do You still wear it only at home? Do you go onto your front porch with it (like at home, but that neighbors can see, or would you answer the door with it)
Is it a yekkish minhag?
What made you decide to start doing it?
What do you kids say about it?

I haven’t seen other yekkes do it however it’s a minhag for men at some families that the men wear a nice “robe” for kiddush a bit like a bekishe.
And yeah if I had a porch or whatever I would go sit.
My son is 18 months old.
I choose it because I’m always amazed how chassidim make things extra beautiful. Lekoved Shabbos is having the most beautiful silver, abundance of food (I was once at a family and they had and liver, cholent, deli meat, steaming kugel, compote lekach literally everything) women look so refined and classy. The doing extra for the mitzvah double covering is what pulls me. So I wanted to do that I also would wear a apron

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 1:57 pm
amother Aconite wrote:
I haven’t seen other yekkes do it however it’s a minhag for men at some families that the men wear a nice “robe” for kiddush a bit like a bekishe.
And yeah if I had a porch or whatever I would go sit.
My son is 18 months old.
I choose it because I’m always amazed how chassidim make things extra beautiful. Lekoved Shabbos is having the most beautiful silver, abundance of food (I was once at a family and they had and liver, cholent, deli meat, steaming kugel, compote lekach literally everything) women look so refined and classy. The doing extra for the mitzvah double covering is what pulls me. So I wanted to do that I also would wear a apron

Wow! Your husband was ok with it? You think you’ll wear it always? Like to a simcha ect?

amother
  Aconite

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 3:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
Wow! Your husband was ok with it? You think you’ll wear it always? Like to a simcha ect?

I stopped the tichel over a sheitel since I became a mum but I have a really shabbosdigge white tichel for Shabbos I bought in a chassidic shop at the other side of the city.
I’m a BT so I’m not bound to strict mesorah, my husband is always afraid that I will become strict RW or think chassidim are the ideal frum. Being strict frum is something he has bad memories from. I also don’t live in the USA where it seems u are being very put in to boxes and I’m already a bit “off” anyway so I don’t mind.

amother
Impatiens

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 4:01 pm
I didn't grow up chassidish. My mom's grandmother moved to Meiah Shearim and started wearing it- just to tzind lecht. Then my grandmother and mother started it, so I do it too. Only at home and only to tzind. My husband from a chassidish family has no such minhag but is so proud of it... I heard recently that a grandmother from another side would put on a special robe (but I assume apron) to bake challos.

amother
  Periwinkle

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 5:07 pm
amother Impatiens wrote:
I didn't grow up chassidish. My mom's grandmother moved to Meiah Shearim and started wearing it- just to tzind lecht. Then my grandmother and mother started it, so I do it too. Only at home and only to tzind. My husband from a chassidish family has no such minhag but is so proud of it... I heard recently that a grandmother from another side would put on a special robe (but I assume apron) to bake challos.

Sounds like muknkatch.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels