Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
If you are an Israel and fashion expert - coat question

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 8:29 am
DD is going to seminary in Israel. When I ask people IRL what coats to bring, the answer I get is "just bring her coat from high school". She doesn't have one. So my question has two parts:
1-I dont have much experience in Israel, but my feeling is that she does not need a coat that is for US winters. So what weight should I be looking for? or should I be sending a couple options?
2-we do not know styles. everything I am shoeing her on amazon she says "I don't know what the girls wear". So please help me with style. Not looking to spend a lot, but in styleish

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 8:37 am
I'm assuming Jerusalem. It can get very cold! So I'd suggest a warm coat with space to layer up underneath when the temp really drops!

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 8:40 am
Thanks - so a proper winter coat like I would get for NY winter?

I need to buy on amazon or the like since stores don't have coats in yet. Can anyone link in style options that are cheap?

amother
Seablue

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 8:45 am
It can get very cold in Jerusalem and can also warm up. The winter can be very rainy and chilly. I have seen girls in shiny black parkas. Boots are also a good idea and all Jerusalemites have a scarf. That being said, you could have a day in the 70s. Layers are key. Button down sweaters or pullovers are also helpful. Make sure she has a few.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 9:53 am
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. So layering - I assume you mean with a thinner coat, or do you think she needs a true winter coat for those cold times?

amother
Catmint

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 10:06 am
Regular winter coat
Plus thin rain/spring jacket for those moderate days

That’s what I have here

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 10:15 am
Thank you!!

Now that I know what thickness, can any fashion experts find me links? Thanks

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 10:23 am
yes really if possible she should bring 2. 1 real winter coat that you would use in america and also 1 light jacket. shes mostly going to only use the light jacket but it does get really cold here sometimes especially at night and you def need a real coat for when it does.
for a light jacket something clean and basic maybe like this
https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/p.....e=003
this is kind of expensive doesnt need to be this one but just so you get the idea
for winter coat I dont really know of so many that are in style sorry

Green Tea

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 10:23 am
I live in Israel. Sharing three coats I bought and am happy with.

I bought this in white. Best purchase ever. Warm cozy and stylish

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! ₪156.94 | Winter Slim Pink Padded Coat Faux Fur Collar Hooded Parkas Korean Big Size Cotton Jaqueta Waist Drawstring Midi Lenght Jackets
https://a.aliexpress.com/_oF4JF6T

Not fashionable per say, but an excellent coat against the rain
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! ₪135.56 | KEFITEVD Women Fleece Softshell Jacket Detachable Hood Spring Snow Ski Hiking Jogging Coat Waterproof Outdoor Hoodie Windbreaker
https://a.aliexpress.com/_oEM6oz9

I got this two or three winters ago and it’s very stylish. I had someone stop me in a store asking them to send me the link to also buy it.
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! ₪844.12 | 2021 New Arrivals Women Real Wool Coats Spring Fashion Top Quality Cashmere Jackets With Hood Autumn S8700
https://a.aliexpress.com/_onuBLrN

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 3:42 pm
Thanks!
I personally like these coats, but not sure they are so young for an 18 year old.

Any other links?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics