Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Remote Job Opportunity
Previous  1  2

amother
  Broom

Post Tue, Jul 30 2024, 3:05 pm
Who is the employer? Can you post some details about the employer or organisation one would be working for?

Post Tue, Jul 30 2024, 7:16 pm
amother Broom wrote:
Who is the employer? Can you post some details about the employer or organisation one would be working for?

I cannot post that information here. If you are considering the job, please email grants.bgcpa@gmail.com.

amother
Peru  

Post Tue, Jul 30 2024, 7:24 pm
Are you only looking for someone with experience?
I have been working for years- in the special education field in various capacities, but looking for a change.

Post Tue, Jul 30 2024, 7:47 pm
amother Peru wrote:
Are you only looking for someone with experience?
I have been working for years- in the special education field in various capacities, but looking for a change.

No, you do not need prior experience. The job does require very strong technical writing skills as well as research skills. If that is something you excel at, experience is not needed.

amother
  Peru  

Post Tue, Jul 30 2024, 8:50 pm
4321 wrote:
No, you do not need prior experience. The job does require very strong technical writing skills as well as research skills. If that is something you excel at, experience is not needed.

Thanks I think I’ll give it a shot and send my resume.

amother
Gardenia

Post Tue, Jul 30 2024, 10:23 pm
amother Peru wrote:
Thanks I think I’ll give it a shot and send my resume.

Just wanted to let you and anyone else interested know that it’s not just sending the resume that’s required. It will be filling out a detailed questionnaire/writing sample about a technical topics that may require research with sources.

amother
  Antiquewhite  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 1:48 am
amother Gardenia wrote:
Just wanted to let you and anyone else interested know that it’s not just sending the resume that’s required. It will be filling out a detailed questionnaire/writing sample about a technical topics that may require research with sources.

Thank you! This absolutely should have been mentioned by OP

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 2:22 am
OP can you please share the salary? Prior to filling out a detailed questionnaire it would be good to know.

amother
Blushpink

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 2:59 am
Hope OP will provide more information, especially if there is a detailed application with writing samples required before being given further information.

Folks need to know where the business is based as it makes a difference with taxes even if all the work is remote.

For those considering the opportunity, as a point of reference I personally charge $125/hour for freelance grant writing (NY), and I know others who charge more... in the $200/hour range. Grant writing has a lot more to it than just filling out government forms. (Although AI may do away with the work of writers very soon!)

amother
Freesia

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 3:04 am
No one else concerned that filling in government forms and applications requires “creative writing skills”???

amother
  Peru

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 11:29 am
amother Blushpink wrote:
Hope OP will provide more information, especially if there is a detailed application with writing samples required before being given further information.

Folks need to know where the business is based as it makes a difference with taxes even if all the work is remote.

For those considering the opportunity, as a point of reference I personally charge $125/hour for freelance grant writing (NY), and I know others who charge more... in the $200/hour range. Grant writing has a lot more to it than just filling out government forms. (Although AI may do away with the work of writers very soon!)

Thank you. That’s interesting! Maybe they are looking for someone more entry level to do some of the legwork?
I’m still deciding if I want to apply. Being that I have no experience in this area, I wouldn’t expect to make anything close to what your making, but still don’t want be taken advantage of.

amother
  Antiquewhite

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 12:32 am
I would love it if OP could provide some actual details. It doesn’t inspire much confidence on respecting employees and their time, if they would have people fill out lengthy questionnaires before even answering the most basic question: what is the salary

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 12:41 am
amother Antiquewhite wrote:
I would love it if OP could provide some actual details. It doesn’t inspire much confidence on respecting employees and their time, if they would have people fill out lengthy questionnaires before even answering the most basic question: what is the salary

If you look upthread you will see I posted details about the salary. Attention to detail is one of the most basic requirements for this job Wink
I also provided an email address for any further questions someone may have.

Thankfully we have some great candidates!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics