Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Kitchen Mavens: I need a Crash Course Quartz/Granite counter
Previous  1  2

amother
  Butterscotch  

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 9:02 am
We have Viscon White, which is mostly light gray and a bit of white, with some darker gray streaking. I have never noticed any issues with staining. If water sits on the counter, that spot will get a little darker, and then once it dries it goes back to normal. If my kids spill juice or whatever, nothing happens.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 9:12 am
amother OP wrote:
Kitchen Mavens: I need a Crash Course Quartz/Granite counter

Kitchen Mavens: I need a Crash Course explaining the pros and cons of Quartz/Granite counters.

I hear there's a type of Quartz thats as strong as Granite, and there are Quartzes that arent durable, and chip.

Can anyne offer whatever theyve learned about the pros and cons of Granite/Quartz, and which Quartz to consider and not consider?

Do the (Lakewood area) dealers always tell the truth about what theyre selling?

What advice would you offer someone looking for new counters, after either a good or bad experience, that left you satisfied or unhappy with the counter you chose?

If anyone had a very good experience with a dealer (or a bad one?) please save others heartache.

TIA

Thank you so much for posting this question - I'm looking for info on this now as well

amother
  OP

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 11:44 am
If im not looking for anything super unique, which Lakewood granite places are the most recommended?

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 12:02 pm
amother Mimosa wrote:
Pour marinara sauce on samples
Wine too

Cut with a knife directly on them

Put a hot pot down on them

Please report back Smile

Turmeric paste
Also a little bit of nail polish and then try to remove it with nail polish remover

With granite it all comes of and the acetone does not damage it

elisabeth

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 2:31 pm
I broke all the "rules" and got marble because it was the only thing I liked, and a few years in I'm very happy with it:) I also got the honed finish which is more forgiving.

amother
Grape

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 2:39 pm
I'm a designer
As far as quartz goes you need to make sure its sealed properly. There is a difference btw the Chinese quartz like zenith or kasa or the Italian quartz like aurea or lucciare.
Now the latest is quarts that's tattooed on to look like porcelain it's beautiful.
Personally I have quartzite in my own kitchen which has chipped and stained so go figure.... and it's way more expensive than quartz.
The only natural stone I would get which is strong is Taj mahal or crystallo which is gorgeous!!!
I'm not a fan of granite, but that's just my personal opinion....

amother
  Butterscotch

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 2:54 pm
amother Grape wrote:

Not a fan of granite for objective reasons or simply cuz it's not your taste?

amother
Dill

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 3:00 pm
amother Grape wrote:
I'm a designer
As far as quartz goes you need to make sure its sealed properly. There is a difference btw the Chinese quartz like zenith or kasa or the Italian quartz like aurea or lucciare.
Now the latest is quarts that's tattooed on to look like porcelain it's beautiful.
Personally I have quartzite in my own kitchen which has chipped and stained so go figure.... and it's way more expensive than quartz.
The only natural stone I would get which is strong is Taj mahal or crystallo which is gorgeous!!!

I recently bought a house with quartz.

Is there a way I can tell which type of quartz it is?

Or maybe it’s quartzite?

The builder stopped answering our calls a couple of weeks after we moved in.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 4:11 pm
For those who know - quartz from MSI - is that good quality?

amother
Broom

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 4:16 pm
amother Grape wrote:
I'm a designer

Taj Mahal and Cristallo are both quartzite.

If your quartzite chipped and stained then it’s not authentic quartzite
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries