Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
I am in agony! A kvetchy, not so serious thread

amother
OP  

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 5:07 pm
I just spent 7 hours walking and standing in a pair of shoes that I learned the hard way, could fit me better. I’m in agony and don’t want to look at my shoes again. Just wanted to kvetch about it

amother
Arcticblue

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 5:11 pm
Were they pretty at least?

You have my sympathy.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 5:28 pm
amother Arcticblue wrote:
Were they pretty at least?

You have my sympathy.

They were pretty! But I have no plans on wearing them again (until I forget how much pain they caused me and one day say “why do I never wear these? They’re so cute! I’m gonna wear them today!”)

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 5:28 pm
I can sympathize. I've been wearing a bra today that I didn't realize the wire was loose and it's been sliding up and poking the side of my breast. I think I have a bruise now. And I haven't found a discreet way of pushing the wire back into place.
And the other week I wore a pair of shoes that ended up giving me blisters. They seemed comfortable at the beginning of the day, and they matched my outfit really well. And now I remember why they're at the back of my closet and I rarely wear them.

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 5:31 pm
amother Firebrick wrote:
I can sympathize. I've been wearing a bra today that I didn't realize the wire was loose and it's been sliding up and poking the side of my breast. I think I have a bruise now. And I haven't found a discreet way of pushing the wire back into place.
And the other week I wore a pair of shoes that ended up giving me blisters. They seemed comfortable at the beginning of the day, and they matched my outfit really well. And now I remember why they're at the back of my closet and I rarely wear them.

Ouch! The underwire is a difficult challenge. There’s also no way of subtly adjusting it in public. With painful shoes you can at least shift on different parts of your feet until those parts start hurting

CPenzias

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 5:57 pm
Throw out the shoes (said the girl who should do the same lol)

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 6:07 pm
I bought an adorable pair of shoes and wore them to work the next day. Already on the way to work I was praying to make it there and not stay standing on the street from the sheer agony I was feeling. BH my job allows me to sit most of the day and then I walked down 13th Ave while stepping on the backs of my shoes cuz I could not put my food back in. Who cares what anyone else thought? My feet come first!

amother
Charcoal

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 6:43 pm
Chiming in with my own version of agony here.
I'm trying to stop nursing, and my breasts are so painfully engorged.
I know it's the right decision, baby's almost 2, and we both need our sleep, but for now, owwww!

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 6:44 pm
I feel your pain. I hope you can either sell them or find someone to give them to and bring them joy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics