Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
I’m so BORED

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 7:59 am
Send help!!!

10yo dd is constantly bored.

Usually during bedtime for the younger kids. Her old siblings are busy with their own friends/phone but this dd doesn’t have friends at that time of day anymore. She’s not a reader. Please give me every idea under the sun that will keep her busy

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 8:06 am
Jump Rope
Listen to music/stories
Dance
Cook/bake
Arts and crafts - so many options! Draw, Color, paint, bead bracelet, diamond art, rainbow loom, sticker art, perler beads etc.
Practice instrument (may need lessons)

sushilover

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 8:08 am
When she is not bored, help her make a list of ideas. Then when she is bored, she can refer to the list.
Because I found that when the kids are bored, nothing I suggest will do. So I just tell them to look at their list.

Can look like this:
Science experiments
Diamond art
Crochet
Write a story
Bake
Listen to story cds or audio books
Bubble bath
Organize
Make clay charms
Scrapbook
Paint
Exercise dvd

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 8:15 am
I can try and get some more expensive art projects for her.

Most of the other ideas that would interest her she would only want to do if she had company. Ie she’s not gonna dance by herself
She’s not able to bake fully herself. She still needs a bit of help in the kitchen.

amother
Moccasin

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 8:16 am
She can have a special project where every night she makes special and elaborate card (writing and drawing -you can even get special art supplies) to send to the chayalim who are protecting our land and our people. She will have direction, feel like this is special (especially if she has special supplies) and feel like she is contributing -which she is. I have heard great feedback from the chayalim who have received cards. And it is just for her !

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 8:19 am
Double post

amother
Bluebell

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 8:21 am
Every time shes bored give her a chore to do. That should do the trick or at least u will have a clean house Smile

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 8:34 am
She’s a good kid and not trying to be a complainer. I get it that she’s bored. She’s usually entertained by her younger siblings and suddenly they are off limits and she’s left alone. Without me as well since I’m in the midst of bedtime. Giving her chores is just mean. She shouldn’t have to do anything more than anyone else simply bc she’s bored. I feel for her. I really do.

amother
Waterlily

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 9:01 am
amother Moccasin wrote:
She can have a special project where every night she makes special and elaborate card (writing and drawing -you can even get special art supplies) to send to the chayalim who are protecting our land and our people. She will have direction, feel like this is special (especially if she has special supplies) and feel like she is contributing -which she is. I have heard great feedback from the chayalim who have received cards. And it is just for her !

I'm not the OP, but I'd love to do this with my 10 year old son!! He's also bored Smile

How would I go about getting the cards to the chayalim? Do you have any more info? Ty.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics