Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Do you vacation with your whole family or just dh?

Do you vacation with your whole family or just dh?
Family  
 81%  [ 69 ]
Dh  
 18%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 85

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 8:08 pm
If you're only able to do one vacation

amother
Blueberry

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 8:10 pm
I call it a family trip and do those way more often that a vacation just with the DH

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 8:11 pm
Always with the family. Kids all under 13. I wouldn't leave little kids to go on vacation with dh. Iyh when they are older we will. For now we do family trips.

amother
Lotus

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 8:11 pm
I’ve only ever done family vacations. But it’s more of a trip that is memories and hard work. But the change of scenery is nice.

amother
Amber  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 8:13 pm
It’s a trip with your family and a vacation with your husband.
You cannot call it a vacation when you’re taking the kids. LOL

amother
Starflower

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 8:19 pm
Just went away without kids for the first time in many many years. Kids are 9 and under.
My single sister watched them

amother
Melon

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 9:12 pm
amother OP wrote:
If you're only able to do one vacation

Depends how old your kids are. Mine are both still very young that they won't know the difference so as of now we go just us. It's not a vacation with the kids. If they are older, they will notice and want family time (unless you do a daytrip or 2 to make up for it).

amother
Seablue

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 9:18 pm
We do a family trip each year when kids are off. Wish dh and I could go on vacation just us, but we only get to do that once every few years when we have where to set up the kids. Last time we did that was in 2018.

giftedmom

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 10:30 pm
We do many family trips but it’s not a vacation since I take my work with me🙂

tweety1

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 11:59 pm
I recently started with dh only. But for very many years I never did. Only with my kids.

essie14

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 5:28 am
DH and I have never done a proper vacation without kids. We do a 1 night getaway once a year, maybe twice a year if all the details work out.
Depending on all the schedules of the kids and other factors we do take family trips when we can.
For now, saving all of our CC points for an epic vacation one day in the future.

amother
Dahlia

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 5:55 am
We prioritize family vacations once a year. If we've gotten that in and the logistics work out, then dh and I will go ourselves. I would say while whole family is once or twice a year, with dh only happens maybe once in 2-3 years (and even then, we've never left the kids more than 3 days).

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 6:29 am
This year, for the first time in over 20 years, DH and I went away together with no kids. It was to a wedding so not exactly a vacation, but it was overseas and we stayed two or three days (depending if you count travel time). It was very nice....

amother
Orange  

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 6:49 am
amother Amber wrote:
It’s a trip with your family and a vacation with your husband.
You cannot call it a vacation when you’re taking the kids. LOL

A family vacation is a step away from real life.
It allows you to connect with your children on a different level
It creates memories forever

We only vacation as a family. I don’t really have a place to leave my kids and I’m not sure I would leave them to go on vacation.

amother
Valerian

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 6:51 am
amother Ebony wrote:
Always with the family. Kids all under 13. I wouldn't leave little kids to go on vacation with dh. Iyh when they are older we will. For now we do family trips.

Same.

amother
  Amber

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 6:53 am
amother Orange wrote:
A family vacation is a step away from real life.
It allows you to connect with your children on a different level
It creates memories forever

We only vacation as a family. I don’t really have a place to leave my kids and I’m not sure I would leave them to go on vacation.

I agree. Its so important but again I wouldnt call it a vacation. I also havent taken a vacation since my kids were born. Im ok with that we will vacation when they are older. For now its all about family trips. Bonding and making memories

amother
  Orange

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 6:59 am
amother Amber wrote:
I agree. Its so important but again I wouldnt call it a vacation. I also havent taken a vacation since my kids were born. Im ok with that we will vacation when they are older. For now its all about family trips. Bonding and making memories

I still disagree. Maybe it’s how you define vacation.
I work full time. Have a busy house with lots of kids.

Getting away anything means I’m not working. That alone makes me less stressed. I’m bonding with my kids. It might be work. But it’s vacation work. And that’s fine for me.

Just not working is vacation enough for me Smile

Maybe it’s just the way you look at it.

And my kids will grow up way to fast (I have a few teens already) I love spending this time with them. In just a few years I’m sure dh and and I will have more of our own vacations once they are grown. I treasure these I have with my kids when they are kids.

(Our vacations are low key 3 day road trips)

Wanted to add - I think you have to appreciate every moment. Not wait for the perfect vacation. If on a vacation then call it a vacation and savor every moment. Don’t wait for the perfect vacation to come along.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 7:30 am
There’s no option for both?

Most times with my kids. A family trip.

Every other year or so with DH for 2-3 nights

Ever year with my sisters for about 2 nights

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 8:09 am
1x a year just with dh (1 before kids) and if you count the tropical place my parents live, family trip 4-5 times a year and 1 real family trip (out of the country)

If your husband or you prefers, go with just him. If not, go family

amother
Chambray

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 9:43 am
I did not leave my children to go away with DH.

J would never spend my resources (call it $ or vacation time) to go away with DH at the expense of my children.

Once the children were all accounted for I have gone away with just DH, but I would never farm them out with the intention of unloading them so I could have a vacation.

DH and I will B”eH go away this summer, but we will go in the short period that overlaps while my Kallah is visiting her Chosson’s family, and everyone else is in camp/Israel. I also made sure that I have the vacation time and cash to still do a family trip (3 day road trip but that is all we ever do)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics