Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Im losing it
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 6:51 pm
im really losing my mind. my 11 month old goes to bed at 11pm and wakes up every 2 hours shrieking his head off and he takes 20 min to put back to sleep and then hes up at 730 am. I cant deal with this schedule not only do I need to sleep but I need a break from him. its so constant I need to him to just give me a break. help. I really cant do this. Crying

amother
Quince

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 6:54 pm
when did this start? is he sick? is he teething?

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 6:55 pm
Did u take him to the doctor? Can you got a babysitter or send him out during the day?

amother
Chestnut

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 6:55 pm
I'd rule out ear infections, reflux yes it can start showing symptoms at older ages, constipation etc.. sounds like he's in pain

amother
Silver  

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 8:14 pm
Why is he going to bed so late?

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 10:01 pm
he never slept through the night this is not new im just getting sick of it and its getting to just be enough already. its now 5:00 and he is up playing.

amother
  Silver  

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 10:09 pm
Sounds like he needs a routine. He should be in bed waaay earlier. What does the nap schedule look like?

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 10:12 pm
amother Silver wrote:
Sounds like he needs a routine. He should be in bed waaay earlier. What does the nap schedule look like?

I think he just needs way less sleep than most babies if he would go to sleep at 8 he would be up t 4 or 5 for the day

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 10:14 pm
amother Silver wrote:

he takes 2 naps one from like 9:30-11:30 and one at like 5 for an hour

amother
  Silver

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 10:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
he takes 2 naps one from like 9:30-11:30 and one at like 5 for an hour

Can you try moving the second nap earlier like 3/3:30 for an hour? 11 month old wake window is about 3-4 hours so you’re probably stretching him too far between naps. If you do that you can put him down for the night at 8:30/9pm.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 10:25 pm
amother Silver wrote:
Can you try moving the second nap earlier like 3/3:30 for an hour? 11 month old wake window is about 3-4 hours so you’re probably stretching him too far between naps. If you do that you can put him down for the night at 8:30/9pm.

but then he will just wake up earlier the next day.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 10:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
but then he will just wake up earlier the next day.

Is that a fact or an assumption?

esther7

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 10:39 pm
amother Silver wrote:

Definitely agree with this. He might wake up early for a few days, be prepared for that in whichever way you can-mentally and practically. But give it at least 3-5 days on this schedule, and see if it he adjusts to it

amother
Slategray  

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 11:34 pm
Overtired babies will not sleep well and it becomes a perpetual cycle. You need to move his second nap up by about 2 hours and do bedtime sometime between 7 and 8. Be prepared for him to fight it in the beginning but be consistent with him in a quiet dark room, sound machine and do pickup/putdown etc. Eventually he’ll get used to it. If he wakes up at 5, you stay with him in a dark room and put him back to sleep. Don’t take him out and start the day.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 1:07 am
ive tried putting him to sleep earlier and he wakes up at like 5 am and doesnt go back to sleep until like 7

thegiver  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 1:15 am
You need to catch the sleep window. Notice when he is yawning. Try melatonin if natural ways don’t work but I would first suggest warming his hands and feet or having him drink something warm. Maybe he’s too cold hungry or thirsty or too warm. He needs a pacifier or some comfort thing. (Be cognizant of hazards esp during 3 weeks) no stuffed animals or pillows.

My baby wouldn’t sleep without a blankie.

thegiver

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 1:16 am
amother OP wrote:
ive tried putting him to sleep earlier and he wakes up at like 5 am and doesnt go back to sleep until like 7

Normal for some babies!! Have u tried a walk in the stroller? I used to do an early morning jog. Lost tons of weight and baby was cozy in blankie.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 1:18 am
thegiver wrote:
Normal for some babies!! Have u tried a walk in the stroller? I used to do an early morning jog. Lost tons of weight and baby was cozy in blankie.

at 5 am?

amother
Indigo  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 7:28 am
Dim the lights at home In the evening like 2 hours before bedtime. So starting at like 6 pm turn off as many lights as you can. I would definitely cut the 5pm nap it’s way too late, that’s why he’s going to bed at 11. The second nap should be at 2:30. OR! You can try just one nap schedule if he seems to be ready. But he’s a little young for that. If he’s ready then try a 12 pm nap

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 8:03 am
amother Indigo wrote:
Dim the lights at home In the evening like 2 hours before bedtime. So starting at like 6 pm turn off as many lights as you can. I would definitely cut the 5pm nap it’s way too late, that’s why he’s going to bed at 11. The second nap should be at 2:30. OR! You can try just one nap schedule if he seems to be ready. But he’s a little young for that. If he’s ready then try a 12 pm nap

I try putting him down before 5 pm but hes just not tired enough but if I cut it out and dim the lights at 6 then he will just move his nap to 6 pm and wake up at 8 and then im screwed.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics