Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
RBS Communities/Girls High Schools: Need a good fit - help!

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 8:45 pm
We've brought our kids up in an all-Israeli Haredi city that is very uptight frum and we're all about sick of it by now (the principal who comes to a student's sister's wedding for the express purpose of checking to see if she's wearing eye-makeup; gossipy eye-spies who share everything they see with any and everyone, etc. It's like institutionalized LH; as if they've never heard of the concept)

We need a community of people who are frum because they want to be and it shows. The kids all went to Chassidishe schools, but it's just become oppressive, joyless, uninspiring....and my kids are non-plussed. My son went to the Army and we have been so talked about, chastised, etc...my daughter is going to college and that's also "lo mekubal"....

I've got one child still in High School and need a more chutznik but really frum community. We're tired of people who are frum but superior about it (and eye-spy yentas to boot). Which of the RBS's would be a good fit. Looking for a good girl's High School that won't have my daughter looking at friend's iPhones, will focus on middos and make Yiddishkeit something relevant and not unpleasant...if I dare hope, joyous.

amother
Holly

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 11:10 pm
Don't know that much about the schools but I think Ko Tomar might fit the bill. My nieces are there. My brother's family is pretty yeshivish but open-minded as well. Peninei chein is to the left of Ko Tomar. But I'm not from RBS so can't really give you that much info...

amother
Mustard  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 1:03 am
Ko tomar all the way. The principal is definitely like you describe, but the staff and student body are not at all.

Although a few teachers preach college is bad, overall are nice and are used to girls going to chareidi colleges and don't think badly. I went there and that was my experience but I know people there today, and I see the girls around. They look like regular lakewood BY girls more than Israeli BY girls if that makes sense. The families are just more on your wavelength.

Sorry you can't get a nursing degree or phycology degree in 13th and 14th grade.

Any other BY will have a too open student body or be fire and brimstone and what you are trying to leave behind.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 4:00 am
I think it’s great that you’re looking to move to keep your family in a happier place. I don’t know that any place that you want to exist. I’m really not trying to be so negative, but I know plenty of people and all the schools, including pending Chen They judge you for every little thing. The school listed above is very frum Considering where you’re coming from, it might be the right fit. I don’t think the girls are on phones and things, but they definitely are at. Oren Chen. Sorry typing keeps getting changed. I’m not saying every girl I think there’s definitely a mix and it’s definitely not allowed as part of the school, but my daughter was there and most of her friends, especially by 12 grade headphones. And unfortunately, my daughter felt very judged and I know a lot of people that wants to leave early because they’re tired of the judgmental attitude.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 5:24 am
Thank you so much, ladies. I’ll look into Ko Tomar.
When we first checked out RBS-A, years ago, The schools we were looking for were in RBS-B, which is pretty much like it is here. We were told by a Chassidish family in Alef that they had to fight separately for every kid to get into their school in Bet every. single. year. So we moved elsewhere. Non-American.
We are just mentally in a different place now. Time for damage control.

amother
  Mustard

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 5:37 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you so much, ladies. I’ll look into Ko Tomar.
When we first checked out RBS-A, years ago, The schools we were looking for were in RBS-B, which is pretty much like it is here. We were told by a Chassidish family in Alef that they had to fight separately for every kid to get into their school in Bet every. single. year. So we moved elsewhere. Non-American.
We are just mentally in a different place now. Time for damage control.

We had to fight to get me into Ko Tomar, as I said the principal is living in a different world than the rest of the school and doesn't reflect the teachers or the student body.

Unfortunately nothing is ever perfect but it seems like the best match IMHO

amother
  OP

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 8:25 am
amother Mustard wrote:
We had to fight to get me into Ko Tomar, as I said the principal is living in a different world than the rest of the school and doesn't reflect the teachers or the student body.

Unfortunately nothing is ever perfect but it seems like the best match IMHO

The whole BY system could use an overhaul, really.
Thank you for taking the time to help!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions