Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Trigger foods - how would you approach it
Previous  1  2

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 5:19 am
yeah I think its a good idea to try only eat these foods outside your home and dont be stingy with it so that you really feel like you had enough of it and wont crave it still when you get home. like pack a whole bag of crackers or a sandwich.

amother
Melon

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 5:32 am
What I do is, if I see a food that really triggers me e.g. chocolate, baked goods etc. I literally just run water over it from the sink and throw it out.

But I do make sure that these foods are out of sight. I don't have big kids who can get upset at such things and I hardly have to do it because it's just not around for me to see.

I love having the left over supper so first I ask hubby if he still wants. If the answer is no, and I know for a fact no one is going to eat it, I quickly do the sink method.

My body comes before bal tashchis...

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 10:09 am
I don't crave these foods themselves all the time. It's not cake and chocolate, they are normal foods that often trigger a binge. They don't trigger me,I can have them around, other people can eat them, when I eat them they often trigger bingeing. The more forbidden I make them the more I want them and the more I have when I eventually cave in.
This is not about information, I can write books of all the diets and programs I tried, all the health issues different foods have. I need to work with the issue not shove it under the rug by not eating it at all and then 3 months later, binge for weeks and weeks after having some.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise