Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Camp Malka delay
  Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 15  16  17  Next

amother
  Slategray  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 9:04 am
amother Babypink wrote:
This situation sounds ridiculous. If I had my children there I’d promptly pick them up and dispute the charges.
This is so unacceptable it’s unbelievable

You make it sound so simple. If only everything in life was that easy.

amother
  Cantaloupe  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 9:23 am
The biggest issue is they delayed the opening for a week. They knew it wasn’t close to being ready and that it was more than a week’s worth of construction. They should have made alternate plans all week.

amother
  Amethyst

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 9:26 am
amother Slategray wrote:
You make it sound so simple. If only everything in life was that easy.

Oh please. They should never have bussed girls up to a hotel that wasn’t 100% ready for them.
Shame on the people in charge

amother
  Blush  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 9:29 am
They had a week to prepare for this.
And having enough food and water doesn't take a week to put together anyway.
And why is the camp not communicating normally instead of sugar coating the situation?
And why were they bussed there if there were no beds set up yet?
The questions are growing...

amother
Mimosa

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 9:48 am
amother Amethyst wrote:
Oh please. They should never have bussed girls up to a hotel that wasn’t 100% ready for them.
Shame on the people in charge

Just a reminder that there's a chazal that says that someone who shames/embarrasses someone publicly may not be zoche to Olam Haba.... let's just watch our words.

amother
  Cobalt  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 9:52 am
Im thinking that when they first pushed off camp a week they probably got so much flack and were scared to push it off longer even if they needed to. The whole thing I'm guessing wasn't what they were expecting. Seems like they bought a huge property and it needed a lot of work to make it into a camp.

amother
Starflower

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 10:24 am
Wow. What an epic disaster.

amother
Blonde  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 10:38 am
I don't think anyone has to feel guilty for not picking up their daughter. When I spoke to mine this morning (more like afternoon lol) she was having a great time, like it was one big adventure. They had plenty of food, late wake up etc. I know if she had called me crying my heart would have broken and I may have wanted to go pick her up so I don't blame anyone who did, but I think a wait and see approach is fine too. They're in good hands of people who are working really really hard with a really tough situation. Only now it seems it got tougher becuase they have to be out of the resort by tomorrow so I'm not sure what will be. Davening for the sake of all the girls and staff and heads that everything works out asap. Maamin bnisim!

amother
Watermelon  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 10:42 am
amother Blonde wrote:
I don't think anyone has to feel guilty for not picking up their daughter. When I spoke to mine this morning (more like afternoon lol) she was having a great time, like it was one big adventure. They had plenty of food, late wake up etc. I know if she had called me crying my heart would have broken and I may have wanted to go pick her up so I don't blame anyone who did, but I think a wait and see approach is fine too. They're in good hands of people who are working really really hard with a really tough situation. Only now it seems it got tougher becuase they have to be out of the resort by tomorrow so I'm not sure what will be. Davening for the sake of all the girls and staff and heads that everything works out asap. Maamin bnisim!

Why do they have to be out of the resort by tomorrow? Was that part of the plan when they went there?

amother
  Blonde  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 10:47 am
amother Watermelon wrote:
Why do they have to be out of the resort by tomorrow? Was that part of the plan when they went there?

According to my daughter the fire alarm got pulled accidentally during the night and when the police and fire showed up, they said they were above occupancy and they need to leave by tomorrow. So no, not part of the orignal plan but another obstacle. But again there are so many rumors so I don't even know if that is for sure true. I probably shouldn't have said anything here.

amother
  Watermelon

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 10:57 am
If so many parents are taking their daughters home, they might be at approved occupancy levels by tomorrow.

amother
  Acacia  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 12:39 pm
amother Blonde wrote:

After delivering and setting up 600 bunk beds they need to move again? This is not adventurous anymore. I feel so bad for all involved.
I wish it still works out because there's so much agmas nefesh all around if it doesn't but it seems too crazy to be true.

amother
Foxglove

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 1:34 pm
amother Acacia wrote:
After delivering and setting up 600 bunk beds they need to move again? This is not adventurous anymore. I feel so bad for all involved.
I wish it still works out because there's so much agmas nefesh all around if it doesn't but it seems too crazy to be true.

oh my, I can not believe this was allowed to happen. omg

amother
IndianRed  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 2:23 pm
I wonder if the fire alarm pulling was “accidental” or an intentional cry for help.

amother
Daffodil

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 3:01 pm
Honestly it is a collective responsibility to get involved and help the children. I don't have a child there but I am so pained on what I am hearing. What can I do to help? Children's safety and security come first. And everything else is irrelevant. If I could I would sponsor a coach bus with amazing food and bring them all back. It seems like a disaster just getting worse. Can we please do something??

amother
  Tulip

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 3:02 pm
I hear they sent an email saying they’re sending everyone home.

amother
Nemesia  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 3:04 pm
amother Tulip wrote:
I hear they sent an email saying they’re sending everyone home.

Confirmed. The temporary c/o will only accommodate CIT's TC's and some staff. Anyone younger than that is being sent home.

Smr2

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 3:42 pm

amother
  DarkYellow

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 3:44 pm

amother
  Turquoise  

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 3:46 pm
Wow. I feel terrible for them but honestly it takes talent to mess up this badly.
Page 7 of 17   Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 15  16  17  Next Recent Topics