Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Stop the doona bashing

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 9:48 am
Enough stop bashing doona. You don't like it buy what you like. There is nothing unsafe about a doona if it's used the way it's meant to. It has the same rigorous testing other carseats in the US have. Enough already. Everyone can use what they want for their child but stop using it as the evil you claim it to be!

amother
Cadetblue

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 9:51 am
It’s an ad. Ignore if you don’t like it. The people advertising apparently did not go to marketing school, because bullying people for their choices rarely works to get them to buy your course.

amother
Dimgray

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 9:52 am
People use it differently than they would a car seat and the repercussions are many. If you use it as you would a car seat, meaning only in the car then ignore the bashing.

I also think it's not the same as car seats. It sits upright and not as comfortable for baby.

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 9:52 am
Hear hear!

rising hero

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 9:53 am
amother OP wrote:
Enough stop bashing doona. You don't like it buy what you like. There is nothing unsafe about a doona if it's used the way it's meant to. It has the same rigorous testing other carseats in the US have. Enough already. Everyone can use what they want for their child but stop using it as the evil you claim it to be!

Exactly. You just said it yourself. The bashing is for improper use.

amother
Sage

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:25 am
amother OP wrote:

Why do you care? If it doesn't apply to you, just move on. For example, I hear people issue warning about charging e-bikes overnight consistently. If I don't charge them overnight, I just ignore and move in. If I did do that, I take a moment to evaluate my actions.

Why does that impact you so much?

amother
DarkCyan

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:27 am
You posted in strollers which is the problem. It is not a safe stroller. It’s a safe car seat, it can be used in the car, and it can be used on 5-10 minute errands. More than that is very unsafe for the baby. I see people use it in their house, I see it in the park on shabbos, I see it at babysitters being used for naps… all of that is not acceptable.

amother
Dandelion

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:38 am
rising hero wrote:
Exactly. You just said it yourself. The bashing is for improper use.

Exactly. And unfortunately there are certain communities that seem to use it improperly more often than properly. And BTW I see improper use with snap n go car seats sometimes too, with babies in them all day, it’s not just doonas, but there seems to be something about doonas that makes people use them as a stroller, I even know multiple people who don’t buy a stroller till their baby is 6+ months old and only use the Doona. Partially because the doona is so expensive.

imaima

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:40 am
amother Dimgray wrote:
People use it differently than they would a car seat and the repercussions are many. If you use it as you would a car seat, meaning only in the car then ignore the bashing.

I also think it's not the same as car seats. It sits upright and not as comfortable for baby.

People also use carseats too much just to park the baby. Don’t pretend people didn’t do it before doona came around

Trademark

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:44 am
It's not bashing, it's bringing awareness to the issues that may cause if you use it too much.

It's good for people who use the doona to be informed so they can use it in an appropriate manner, meaning not letting their baby sit in it for most of the day.

It's not good for a baby to sit in a regular car seat as well for the entire day but the doona is a different shape than the regular car seats and worse

The point is to inform and use its responsibly.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 7:46 pm
Trademark wrote:
It's not bashing, it's bringing awareness to the issues that may cause if you use it too much.

It's good for people who use the doona to be informed so they can use it in an appropriate manner, meaning not letting their baby sit in it for most of the day.

It's not good for a baby to sit in a regular car seat as well for the entire day but the doona is a different shape than the regular car seats and worse

The point is to inform and use its responsibly.

There is flat out bashing going on and if you read some of those comments its specific to the doona as if all other carseats dont have same issues. As I stared before Doona is not unsafe if used properly. Enough preaching no one asked

amother
Magnolia

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 8:15 pm
People used the snap n go the same way as they use the doona...as a stroller. I didn't buy a stroller for my dc till they were 9 months, we solely used the snap n go, as did many of my friends. And I don't remember any snap n go bashing. Probably because it had a lower price tag.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 8:33 pm
We should keep up the doona bashing.
It’s not ok the way people use them and there needs to be more awareness.
Moms need this information badly to make good decisions.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 8:37 pm
I think before the Doona there was a lot less awareness. When I told my mom to make sure the baby doesn’t sleep in the car seat and not to prop up a bottle (in the car seat with a blanket) she was confused and thought I was extreme. She asked my sister who is much older than me and she also never heard how bad car seats can be when used improperly for multiple hours a day. Now that doonas became so popular people are spreading awareness.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 8:39 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
People used the snap n go the same way as they use the doona...as a stroller. I didn't buy a stroller for my dc till they were 9 months, we solely used the snap n go, as did many of my friends. And I don't remember any snap n go bashing. Probably because it had a lower price tag.

People didn’t know. And then all those babies ended up with head, neck and spine issues and doctors and therapists started spreading awareness.

amother
Offwhite

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 8:41 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:

You hit the nail on the head!

amother
Firethorn

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 8:46 pm
amother OP wrote:
There is flat out bashing going on and if you read some of those comments its specific to the doona as if all other carseats dont have same issues. As I stared before Doona is not unsafe if used properly. Enough preaching no one asked

Why do you care so much? You should be comfortable doing whatever you want without getting offended at a post spread awareness about the harms of the doona. If you use it the right way, great! Who cares what anyone else thinks?
Only the founder should have such an extreme reaction. Are you the founder?

mommyhood

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 8:51 pm
imaima wrote:
People also use carseats too much just to park the baby. Don’t pretend people didn’t do it before doona came around

They definitely did but I never saw as many snap n gos at shul or the park on Shabbos yet now every other baby is in a doona then when they used to be in a stroller.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 9:02 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:

In certain communities, you never saw a snap n go or car seat attached to a stroller. And suddenly doona is the latest trend, and every baby is in a doona which is used as the regular stroller & babies are in it for hours long at a time.
So it's go nothing to do with the price tag & all to do about the doona specifically. Many people of said communities never even owned an infant car seat before doona was around.

mommyla

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 9:57 pm
mommyhood wrote:
They definitely did but I never saw as many snap n gos at shul or the park on Shabbos yet now every other baby is in a doona then when they used to be in a stroller.

And you didn't see people lugging shoe-wearing toddlers around in their snap 'n gos! I always feel sorry for the oversized babies sitting in Doonas long after they've clearly outgrown them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics