Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Ants and Roaches
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 8:41 am
Hi, can anyone link effective products they tried and tested to get rid of and prevent ants and/or roaches
Thank you

Brit in Israel

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 9:05 am
Where are you located? In Israel they have gel products one for ants one for roaches it completely gets rid of them.

amother
Cyclamen  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 9:35 am
Works like a charm.

(Takes about a day)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E.....ss_tl

nicole81  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 10:07 am
Ants and roaches take a completely different tactic.

The terro baits linked above work for ants. And the company also makes a product you put around the perimeter of your house that works well in tandem with the baits.

Roaches take a combination of sticky traps, poisonous gel bait, and hormonal treatments to ensure any babies let won't mature and reproduce. They also require thorough cleaning every evening followed by application of the gel and hormones, and a drying of every damp area as well daily. If you have a roach infestation you need to be prepared to work at least an hour a day for weeks to get rid of them or call an exterminator. If you want to diy then I can link to the products that I successfully used in tandem with nightly making sure the house was pristine and dry.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 4:51 pm
amother Cyclamen wrote:
Works like a charm.

(Takes about a day)

thanks for the responses! im in brooklyn...

thats so funny! I ordered the linked product and got it yesterday. based on the amazon reviews they are amazing.
I was afraid to put it out because I see the liquid can spill or be taken out and I have little kids- what do think about that?
roaches I have many in front of my house, nicole81, can your tactic help there too?

amother
Burntblack  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 4:58 pm
nicole81 wrote:
Ants and roaches take a completely different tactic.

The terro baits linked above work for ants. And the company also makes a product you put around the perimeter of your house that works well in tandem with the baits.

Roaches take a combination of sticky traps, poisonous gel bait, and hormonal treatments to ensure any babies let won't mature and reproduce. They also require thorough cleaning every evening followed by application of the gel and hormones, and a drying of every damp area as well daily. If you have a roach infestation you need to be prepared to work at least an hour a day for weeks to get rid of them or call an exterminator. If you want to diy then I can link to the products that I successfully used in tandem with nightly making sure the house was pristine and dry.

What sort of hormonal treatment do you mean?

amother
  Cyclamen  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 5:00 pm
amother OP wrote:
thanks for the responses! im in brooklyn...

thats so funny! I ordered the linked product and got it yesterday. based on the amazon reviews they are amazing.
I was afraid to put it out because I see the liquid can spill or be taken out and I have little kids- what do think about that?
roaches I have many in front of my house, nicole81, can your tactic help there too?

I also have little kids (all under 4) and very afraid. I put it where they can’t see it.

amother
Turquoise  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 5:14 pm
I’m a chasid of a good exterminator.
I’m signed up with one on a retainer basis now and they treat periodically as well as if there’s something specific I’m noticing between scheduled treatments.
Are you opposed to hiring an exterminator?

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 5:51 pm
amother Turquoise wrote:
I’m signed up with one on a retainer basis now and they treat periodically as well as if there’s something specific I’m noticing between scheduled treatments.

not against it at all... if the situation gets no better, ill just do that...

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 5:51 pm
amother Cyclamen wrote:
I also have little kids (all under 4) and very afraid. I put it where they can’t see it.

got it

amother
Copper  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 6:08 pm
amother Turquoise wrote:

Not op, but im.scared of the pesticides.

What does a treatment look like.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 6:09 pm
amother Cyclamen wrote:
Works like a charm.

(Takes about a day)

This is sitting on my kitchen counters for weeks and doing nothing. Idk what I'm doing wrong.

amother
  Cyclamen  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 7:00 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
This is sitting on my kitchen counters for weeks and doing nothing. Idk what I'm doing wrong.

You have to put them were you see the ants.
Also did you crack open the case ? There shld be a small part you crack open.

One of my traps turned completely blacks and hundreds of ants drowned in it. (They usually carry the poison to the home)

I’m sorry if I made anyone queasy.

amother
Mauve  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 8:03 pm
amother Cyclamen wrote:
Works like a charm.

(Takes about a day)

Is this ok to use while pregnant? I have a ton of ants was using something natural until now but it just made them die in my house so I would have to pick them dead off the floor every day and today I noticed some of them grew wings! I'm going crazy!

amother
Honey

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 8:27 pm
I have the ortho spray that you spray indoors and outdoors works like magic and so easy to spray every where bec it has a steady stream. I got a two pack from Costco but I believe Home Depot sells as well.
I used last year for ants got rid literally overnight. And this year I had roaches and worked so well.
Just make sure to respray after a storm. It says it’s water proof but better to Spray again

amother
  Cyclamen

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 8:29 pm
amother Mauve wrote:
Is this ok to use while pregnant? I have a ton of ants was using something natural until now but it just made them die in my house so I would have to pick them dead off the floor every day and today I noticed some of them grew wings! I'm going crazy!

Yes I’ve used them while pregnant. It doesn’t have a smell. You need to wear gloves when handling it.

amother
  Copper  

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 8:31 pm
amother Honey wrote:
I have the ortho spray that you spray indoors and outdoors works like magic and so easy to spray every where bec it has a steady stream. I got a two pack from Costco but I believe Home Depot sells as well.
I used last year for ants got rid literally overnight. And this year I had roaches and worked so well.
Just make sure to respray after a storm. It says it’s water proof but better to Spray again

Can you link?

Where do you spray for roaches?

To life

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 9:00 pm
Try advion roach gel and advion ant gel. They work very well and safe to use around kids and pets

amother
  Mauve

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 9:12 pm
amother Cyclamen wrote:
Yes I’ve used them while pregnant. It doesn’t have a smell. You need to wear gloves when handling it.

I meant if the chemicals are safe to inhale

amother
Geranium

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 9:12 pm
amother Honey wrote:

I bought some too.
FYI it's $10 in home depot and $6 in Walmart for the same gallon!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry