Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Daughter packed herself..
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 3:36 pm
Please don't hound her. If she gets her period at camp, I am sure that they will help her.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 3:41 pm
amother Olive wrote:
Please don't hound her. If she gets her period at camp, I am sure that they will help her.

Yes, and I'm sure she would be far from the first that they've dealt with.

amother
Sage

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 3:46 pm
I am shocked that you had her pack herself. But I guess it depends on the kid. my 13 year old is going 2nd half. I bought much without her but we will be packing together. She just got her period for the first time and is still very self conscious. I likely will end up sneaking some items in if she is hesitant to pack them. At this age anything to do with puberty makes them nervous. Do not send her pads. Unless she asks for them.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 3:48 pm
Uch before I saw these responses I ordered a small
Package and taffy’s to the camp
Mother for her. When she calls I will let her know I sent them. I wld rather her be emb and prepared than emb and unprepared. Thanks for all your responses tho. And she’s not yet 13 but this is her second year of camp and wanted to pack herself!

amother
Moonstone

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 3:53 pm
I would cancel the order. You will be humiliating your daughter for no reason. Bring some visiting day if it’ll make you feel better.

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 3:54 pm
amother Moonstone wrote:
I would cancel the order. You will be humiliating your daughter for no reason. Bring some visiting day if it’ll make you feel better.

There’s no visiting day Sad and I can’t cancel anymore 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

amother
Hibiscus  

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 4:03 pm
amother Cornsilk wrote:
Seems like she was embarrassed to take it. I would find a way to get it to her discreetly, you don’t want her to be stuck. I got my period for the first time in camp and it was a disaster.
my daughter didn’t get yet and went to camp now. I hope it doesn’t happen for her there. What would have mitigated it for you ?

amother
  Hibiscus

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 4:07 pm
Don’t cancel tell camp mother not to give it it her now.

amother
  Winterberry  

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 4:31 pm
Just tell her if she needs them the camp mother has them for her if she doesn't need them, then it's a donation to the camp for another girl who may need.

amother
  Stonewash

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 4:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
Uch before I saw these responses I ordered a small
Package and taffy’s to the camp
Mother for her. When she calls I will let her know I sent them. I wld rather her be emb and prepared than emb and unprepared. Thanks for all your responses tho. And she’s not yet 13 but this is her second year of camp and wanted to pack herself!

Kids crowd around when girls open packages. It was not worth embarrassing her like that.

amother
  Winterberry

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 4:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
And she’s not yet 13 but this is her second year of camp and wanted to pack herself!

My daughter is 13 and same it's her second year, at first she asked for help. I helped her with the laundry and stuff, made sure she had everything she needed but I said the actual packing I'll help you do on Sunday and Monday. I had all the other kids home plus baby twins last week. Sunday my husband is home and Monday the other kids would be in day camp and she was leaving Tuesday. She wanted to get it done already so she packed it all up herself! By the time I was ready to help she was all done!

amother
Daisy

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 6:06 pm
Are you going visiting day? Take her to Walmart and buy

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 6:10 pm
tell your dd you ordered pads, she can open it privately, and at least she will have them when she needs them.

My dd got her first period in camp and didnt tell anyone. during her weekly phone call she casually mentioned it to me. BH she was very prepared and saw the whole thing as no big deal.

she would have been mortified to talk about it with the camp nurse, or a counselor.

Tzutzie

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 6:18 pm
amother Winterberry wrote:
Just tell her if she needs them the camp mother has them for her if she doesn't need them, then it's a donation to the camp for another girl who may need.

This. Camp mother should keep it for her with the taffies. It's always nice having a treat around that time....

amother
Pear

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 7:32 pm
if my mom would send it to the camp mother id be furious.
rather let her learn it herself and she'll use tissue like lots of us did Hi

amother
Lavender  

Post Sat, Jul 06 2024, 11:55 pm
amother Pear wrote:
if my mom would send it to the camp mother id be furious.
rather let her learn it herself and she'll use tissue like lots of us did Hi

Same

amother
  Lavender  

Post Sat, Jul 06 2024, 11:56 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
My dd is going second half. Her pediatrician said that she should expect to get it in the summer.

I will have a conversation about taking pads to camp. I pack some discreetly when she goes away for shabbos

Huh?

amother
Mulberry

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 12:55 am
Not everyone gets it light the first time. Now I actually have super light periods that last 3-4 days. However my first two periods were 7 day bloodbaths.

makingthebest

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 1:07 am
I got more mine first time in camp.

Was grateful my mother insisted I pack

erm

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 1:22 am
I wouldn't send it and I wouldn't have the camp mother reach out to her. For all practical purposes, she is a stranger and it will embarrass your daughter.
13 is not too young for girls to pack for themselves especially if it isn't the first time going.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps