Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Help me dress more trendy

LO  

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 12:44 pm
Hi all! My dress style is more sporty and casual, and my husband would love for me to dress more trendy. Could you help me find some stuff to order online? Either weekday or Shabbos. He likes solids, very simple classy type stuff. I am in my 40's, and consider myself a young personality, but it still has to be appropriate for my age. I am pretty tall, so generally need longer skirts, A-line usually looks nice, have a good waist but bigger hips. About size 12-ish...
If you could post links, I would be really grateful. I tried going to the mall but didn't find much.
Thanks!

LO  

Post Sat, Jul 06 2024, 8:05 pm
bump...Smile Thanks in advance!

LO

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 2:24 pm
bump again....could really use your help! Thanks!

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 2:28 pm
LO wrote:
Hi all! My dress style is more sporty and casual, and my husband would love for me to dress more trendy. Could you help me find some stuff to order online? Either weekday or Shabbos. He likes solids, very simple classy type stuff. I am in my 40's, and consider myself a young personality, but it still has to be appropriate for my age. I am pretty tall, so generally need longer skirts, A-line usually looks nice, have a good waist but bigger hips. About size 12-ish...
If you could post links, I would be really grateful. I tried going to the mall but didn't find much.
Thanks!

I would just shop classy department store brands. Many of them make tzniyus clothes

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 4:50 pm
Do you mean trendy or do you mean more elegant and less casual? Because the way you describe yourself you dress in classic, simple, tailored styles and this probably suits you best. All you need is to go a step less sporty and more sophisticated, e.g. finer knits, skirts without pockets, blouses or crew-neck shells with piping rather than ribbed necks. Upgrade your jewelry from costume to real or more real-looking.

I am sure I'm not alone in associating the term "trendy" with cheap (as opposed to inexpensive) frivolous, "disposable" fashion for teens. If you really do want the "this is the hottest seller this week" look, go for it in accessories that won't break the bank and won't break your heart when they're passe in two weeks. Think costume jewelry, tote bags, scarves, hair ornaments, hats, sunglasses, that sort of thing. Even shoes if you can get away with wearing cheap ones and don't have orthopedic problems that dictate the sturdy expensive kind.

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 5:30 pm
I would recommend aleeza Paris or adinalv

amother
Stonewash

Post Mon, Jul 15 2024, 5:59 pm
amother Green wrote:
I love this website

https://adinalv.com/collection.....01430

https://adinalv.com/collection.....orals

https://adinalv.com/collection.....loral

These are beautiful but I can see my high school daughter picking them. Not so much a woman in her 40s. But they are certainly very nice and if my opinion is off, disregard!

Pine

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 12:46 pm
Any more websites to check out? love the recommendations.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 12:58 pm
Fameoncentral has a lot of great weekday options for that age!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics