Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Creating affordable Frum style clothing

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 6:34 am
I often feel that a lot of clothing stores sell kids clothes for a lot of money I want to create a website and eventually have a store that sells children’s clothing for cheap and looks European expensive. This is my dream!

amother
Black

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 6:49 am
Mine too!!

But I think it’s actually really hard to do as I’m learning more about it. Cheap stuff is usually cheap material and pills or doesn’t hold up well. Good material that looks nice is generally more expensive. You can work with china maybe, This is sort of what Ali specials does and their stuff is not so so cheap, because by the time it’s done there is cost for them involved.

Id love to hear your thoughts thoughts as to how to do it

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 7:03 am
There's tottini I think their model works pretty well. I wouldn't say their stuff is gorgeous but it's cute and classy and holds up well

teachkids

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 7:17 am
That’s basically what sites like alipicks are trying to do. But you get the quality you pay for.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 8:09 am
Do you mean designing and producing a range yourself rather than reselling items produced en masse? Because that is hugely complex and expensive to do. There are so many steps in the process and you need to stump up the cash up front, especially if you are new to the industry. Cheap factories won’t manufacture in small batches either.

yellowroses

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 8:14 am
teachkids wrote:
That’s basically what sites like alipicks are trying to do. But you get the quality you pay for.

But I don‘t mind that. Kids anyway grow out of their clothing after one season.

ayiddele

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 9:38 am
I find that certain materials are cheap and still hold up so well. Like velvet for example. Everything in velvet lasts for years. It doesn't matter if I got it on Ali, shein etc. Maybe do some research which fabrics are better quality.

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 12:20 pm
The way for things to be cheap is to produce a lot.

The only problem is - when you start out and have to spend a lot on marketing and products to get good pricing - it’s a big financial risk…

That’s why tottini has a lot of the same pattern/cut dress in different prints/styles - so they can get it cheaper

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 12:26 pm
Clothing from Target and old Navy can be really cheap and lasts.

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 12:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
I often feel that a lot of clothing stores sell kids clothes for a lot of money I want to create a website and eventually have a store that sells children’s clothing for cheap and looks European expensive. This is my dream!

You can often find things at Gap, old navy, h&m, target, zara, primark.... that look frum style European.
I also shop alot from Verdbaudet & Next direction.

amother
Springgreen

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 12:38 pm
There are ppl who buy from shein andxresell with fair markups.
Stores like kiddi chic and and Tottini are priced well.
There are other stores in lkwd like clover and sage that are also priced very reasonable.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics