Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Buying myself a gift

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 8:27 pm
Weird one here:
I work hard in and out of the house and hinted a few times about gifts but 2 years have passed and nada *. So I’m 2 years older and wiser and I think it’s time to get myself a gift. It does not have to be expensive or wow, just something so I feel pampered and loved.
* haven’t been receiving anything since I returned a gift he got me. Yes he knows. Yes I was wrong. I thought that I’m doing a smart move because it was super expensive and dated and I’m more classy and timeless. He was pretty upset then but I was sure he would get over it. Time has shown that he didn’t.

I’m not into books as I have no time to read, at least that’s how I feel. I don’t like electronics. I’m simple and stingy and will rather save money that make my life easier. That may be wrong but it’s me.
Anyway, I always see these great suggestions so I thought I would ask you all.

amother
Bluebell

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 8:33 pm
My big gift is a Sheitel been saving every month for a new one.

I prefer experience over things
but some people would love new clothes shopping spree,
new luggage set

Smaller is trying a new makeup company, skincare,
a mini spa day
vacation getaway at a waterfront hotel,

A really big gift would be a cruise getaway

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 8:37 pm
new piece of (better fake) jewelery. if you're in new york, try tip top(bp/monsey)... I was there today they have gorgeous stuff for real good prices
for me, jewelery is usually a nice gift to give myself.. I only buy fake
p.s. for future gifting, agree with you husband that you will send him a link or save wishlist of links that you really want, so he cant go wrong with whatever he buys you, it works for me!

amother
Lotus

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 8:52 pm
K first of all, your husband sounds like mine. He bought me an expensive camera as a baby gift and he knows I'm not a camera person, claims he asked me before and I agreed but I have no recollection of that. While I didn't return it, I don't use it and he hasn't bought me gifts since.

So I buy little things all the time for myself. Timeless pieces of fake jewelry
Perfume
Books
Bags
Got myself new diamond earrings (fake) for my sibs wedding
Treated myself to 2 new wigs
Bought myself a Nespresso machine.
I just pretend it came from him because I buy with our shared money and we're all good.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 9:07 pm
No ideas for you cuz I’m sure I enjoy different things but I also am the one to buy my own gifts. My husband doesn’t get me what I want usually and I hate thinking of the money wasted since we don’t have much. So it just works out better this way.
Personally I just wait until there’s something I want but it’s more of a splurge item and I justify it by saying it’s my belated (or early) birthday present (ex: cozy blanket, puzzles, cheap piece of jewelry, kitchen gadgets that are more for fun like cake decorating items, a pricier sweater, etc). Last year I got myself a wonderwig. That’s not the usual amount I spend on myself but it’s something I’ve wanted for a long time.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 9:24 pm
amother Bluebell wrote:
My big gift is a Sheitel been saving every month for a new one.

I prefer experience over things
but some people would love new clothes shopping spree,
new luggage set

Smaller is trying a new makeup company, skincare,
a mini spa day
vacation getaway at a waterfront hotel,

A really big gift would be a cruise getaway

I love experiences too but getting sitters squeezes the juice out of my enjoyment.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 9:26 pm
amother Coral wrote:
new piece of (better fake) jewelery. if you're in new york, try tip top(bp/monsey)... I was there today they have gorgeous stuff for real good prices
for me, jewelery is usually a nice gift to give myself.. I only buy fake
p.s. for future gifting, agree with you husband that you will send him a link or save wishlist of links that you really want, so he cant go wrong with whatever he buys you, it works for me!

I feel quite hopeless as I don’t like jewelry- real or fake- and the guy hasn’t been getting very open hints like here see this, so cute and totally not too expensive and what a creative sweet thing to get for someone. Save it for future.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 9:31 pm
amother OP wrote:
I feel quite hopeless as I don’t like jewelry- real or fake- and the guy hasn’t been getting very open hints like here see this, so cute and totally not too expensive and what a creative sweet thing to get for someone. Save it for future.

be blunt, dont hint.
"I have some gifts that I think I can really enjoy. look, I made a list.... so by my next birthday check this list out because these gifts will make me happy!"
men dont usually get hints, you gotta talk loud and clear

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 4:37 pm
I also buy for myself
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics