Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
12 year old son hates showering...help

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 11:49 pm
Any tips or advice?

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 11:55 pm
I tell my kids that I’m teaching them to be likeable adults.also, pour shampoo on his head before sending him to shower.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 3:27 pm
child protective service could make your lives miserable.

mra01385

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 9:40 am
It’s typical of boys to not like showers. I have a son who doesn’t like taking showers because he finds it annoying to get undressed. So I have him take a shower once a week for shabbos, and he likes to listen to music while in the shower.
Explain to your son how it is important for his body to take showers and to be clean. Ask your son how you can make the shower more enjoyable for him? Maybe he can take a short shower. Maybe he can listen to music while in the shower. Maybe he likes to use a favorite body wash and shampoo that has a good scent. Maybe offer him an incentive after he takes a shower. Maybe he wants a shower hose where he can play around with the spray options.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics