Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
New Jersey schools close to Monsey
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Dandelion

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 12:38 pm
riseandshine wrote:
I'm chassidish and send to bnos bina I am very happy bh we live simple no vacation and hand me downs it's you're own prospective that's limiting you the schools will never be perfect choose you're battle wisely and we're also not perfect sometimes being humble gets you far it's not always balck and white

This. Not EVERYONE is into fancy vacations, brand names, fancy simchos. There are definitely such families, but there are so many if not more that live simply. We all coexist beautifully and realistically speaking, that's the real world. The only place you will not see any of these things (aside from brand names, that's universal) is in a chasidish moised like visnitz, sanz... where there is community pressure to live with certain standards. I know that won't work because you drive, but I'm afraid what you're looking for doesn't exist.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 1:21 pm
You should try Bais Rochel if you have money. You didn't answer why Kesser BY or Bais Brocho is no option. They're both amazing schools and seem like a good fit. There's a new heimish school Peninim that advertised in the winter, as well.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 6:25 pm
The smaller Chabad school might be an option for you, the kids there don't have access to technology, but the mothers probably all drive.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 6:43 pm
Thank you so much everyone for all your time and effort!!! I want to hear more about the smaller chabad school.

amother
Offwhite

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 6:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes, I want to hear about bruers. Are there kindergarten kids traveling every day? Which type of people send there? Why aren't they sending in Monsey local school?

I don’t live in Monsey but my daughter goes to breuers. Very small, very warm. We love the authenticity and the diverse student body. Kids from all over

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 6:56 pm
Oh wow. Where are you from? Are there parents from monsey? How's the technology?

amother
Offwhite

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 7:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
Oh wow. Where are you from? Are there parents from monsey? How's the technology?

I responded before I read that you’re chassidish. While there are a few kids from Monsey with chassidish lite parents, IMO the parent body is way too diverse for what you’re looking for. My daughter is 9 but it never occurred to me to ask or think about the questions you’re asking. We raise her to do what we do and others do what they do. Breuers isn’t the school that has rules for parents (frankly for me that’s the draw) and it doesn’t concern me In the slightest what other parents do or don’t do .IMO you’re looking for a unicorn but I hope you find it

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 7:07 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you so much everyone for all your time and effort!!! I want to hear more about the smaller chabad school.

I don't know much. Do you have any Chabad friends that you can ask to help you with information?

amother
Wallflower

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 9:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
I wonder who the big ppl are there. Bais Rochel is not taking there own graduates. And btw we have alot of money to offer, at first we didn't want to use this route. Anyhow it's not helping. I'm wondering what to do. I'm davening alot.

sorry if this is off topic...just wondering why your daughter is wearing hand me downs if you have alot of money....you do it bshittah?

amother
Peru

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:55 pm
amother OP wrote:

First of all they are full last I heard second of all I don't recommend you send there

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 10:59 pm
amother DarkOrange wrote:
Sorry but you’re wrong, OP said these are very nice hand me downs, why wouldn’t it make sense for a kid to wear hand me downs that are are in style and good condition just because their parents have money? It’s a mindset of not wasting, and you obviously don’t have it.

Leave it for those who need it.

amother
Bellflower

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 11:13 pm
Driving is not an issue in many of the Chassidish schools mentioned upthread. You can also look into BY Chofetz Chaim or Bas Mikrah, they're strict with technology

amother
NeonOrange

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 11:49 pm
I second Bais Yaakov Chofetz Chaim of Pomona

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 03 2024, 11:54 pm
We tried. They absolutely don't want chassidish background parent... ??

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 12:23 am
amother OP wrote:
We tried. They absolutely don't want chassidish background parent... ??

Why not?? I don’t understand this

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 12:24 am
They say they only take litvish families

amother
Freesia

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 12:37 am
amother OP wrote:
They say they only take litvish families

Bycc? They have chasidish parents.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 12:38 am
I know. Very few. The chassidish slots are full

dena613

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 9:32 am
amother DarkOrange wrote:
Sorry but you’re wrong, OP said these are very nice hand me downs, why wouldn’t it make sense for a kid to wear hand me downs that are are in style and good condition just because their parents have money? It’s a mindset of not wasting, and you obviously don’t have it.

Lol. You don't know me. I definitely have the mindset you think I don't have. And my kids wear hand me downs too!!!
But for an OP to say she doesn't waste money on things that aren't important (like clothes), but she can afford to bribe her way into school... That I think is strange.
And also, if her kids are wearing hand me downs that are in good condition (from a year or two ago), who cares? Its not like they're wearing shmattas from 1957. They're wearing 2022/23 clothes.
And why should she look down on people who buy their kids clothes every year? Assuming they can afford it or it was bought on sale, that's okay! Fargin.
Not everyone is fortunate to receive hand me downs.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 10:19 am
On a other thread people are talking about Peninim school. Looks like a great option for us. I want to hear more.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics