Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
First high chair

Ftm22

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 3:13 pm
Anyone have any recommendations of a good high chair ? I’m struggling deciding between the many options and prices. Is the Trip trap worth it ? Or are there better budget friendly high chair that will hold up good , and are safe for baby’s posture and position for eating.

TIA!

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 3:18 pm
I have the trip trapp and its amazing!!

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 3:20 pm
With my first I thought I needed a high end highchair. I was insistent that I would never get something like the ikea highchair. I needed one that adjusted and was extra padded, was height adjustable, lay back etc. In reality, it took up my entire room and was impossible to clean.
So for child 2, I gave that one away and bought the ikea highchair. And my dc was fine in it. I bought the insert so it was more comfortable and offered more support from a younger age. It wipes clean and I can buy multiple trays so I can switch between milk and meat, and for the few dollars the tray costs, I can have a pesach one as well.
I personally never thought the trip trap was worth the money as the main selling point imo was the fact it can convert into a regular seat. But I transferred child to regular chair and didn't need to use the trip trap.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 3:26 pm
I got the trip trapp highchair as a gift but I love that it has a place for the feet to go and its low enough to be by the table if I want to take off the tray.
I dont like the legs on the ikea highchair that take up a lot of space and no place for babys feet to go.
I believe the tripp trapp helped my baby learn how to feed herself with no assistance at all
I had the boon highchair but it has a really mini tray and the base is very wide

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 4:46 pm
I've been eyeing the mockingbird and the uppababy highchairs. Small footprint, easy to clean, and adjustable footrest

Ftm22

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 6:27 pm
Thank you everyone !
Did anyone try the primo cozy tot?

Ftm22

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 6:28 pm
Also if someone link or name the specific ikea high hair ?

mushkamothers

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 6:52 pm
I'm a big fan of the tripp trapp. I use them forever, my oldest is 7 and still sitting in it. If you can find used nearby then it's more affordable and you can always buy a new tray (although I push up straight to the table).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics