Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Re-posting an excellent post from a different thread

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 7:13 am
amother Butterscotch wrote:
I'm sorry I know this wasn't the point of your thread, but I wish every mother who feels this way would take a stand. My 13-year-old thinks this is a normal thing now, and desperately wants one. I have stretched way past my previous limits of what I felt comfortable spending on everything for her (she's my youngest). For example, I got her an ALO sweatshirt for $80 as a prize, she got a Stanley water bottle for $35 for a present for something else, I just got her a Lululemon shirt on sale for 50, all things she really wanted, and were a stretch for me...I told her I would get her a Lola copy from Fame for $60 which is a lot for me--more than I would spend on clothes for myself, and she's not even totally happy with it because she thinks everyone has the real Lola. I am drawing a line here because it's so insanely beyond my limit for a weekday skirt for myself, let alone a 13 yr old girl. If a few uber wealthy moms want to spend like this it's up to them but could the rest of us please stop this insanity?

Hooray
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics