Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Rhode Island
Previous  1  2

Moonlight

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 11:34 pm
Gonna second fort Adam's if u like history

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 11:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you all so much! Trying to finalize this..

We will be staying in providence after all - is there anything to do there as it seems all attractions are in Newport? Basically, we will be driving in tomorrow, getting there around 2:00 but would still like to do something then, what is our best choice at that time of day? Straight to Newport to perhaps visit a mansion or anything in providence?

Is the Elms servant tour 'worth it' - I'm wondering as the dual/all tickets seem to not include that 'specialty tour' so trying to figure out what's 'worth it' Wink.

Do we need to book boating in advance? Can we just go to 'bowens Wharf' and likely get something on the spot?

The idea of the Mopads sounds nice as does this rail explorer and martha's vineyards - thanks for the ideas!!

There seems to be many glassblowing options between Providence, Jamestown and Newport. We watched glass blowing in Cape Cod and it was fascinating.
Depending which boat ride.
I wouldn't do more than one mansion honestly... The Breakers was more than enough. We were bored by the time we got to the Elms...Just that you know, behind the Breakers you have access to the Cliff walk.

amother
RosePink

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 12:00 am
We loved RI!
We did Breakers with the self guided audio and beneath the Breakers.
Touro Synagogue
Cliff Walk
Rail Explorers
La Gondola- Italian style Gondola rides in Providence
Minyanim in Providence at Congregation Sha'arei Tefilla
We brought food along and ate dinner in Stamford on the way home.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 12:52 am
Day 1-I would do GATHERS, a glass blowing place is a five minute ride from La Gondola. Was never there, but looks so interesting. You stay in Providence as your arriving late, and activities are light and romantic.
Just realizing when we were in Cape Cod, We broke up our trip in Roger William's Park Zoo because we traveled with a toddler. I think we noticed peddle boating there. https://www.providenceri.gov/p.....ting/

Day 2-I would see what I could cover in Newport-
Rail Explorers is on the way from Providence to Bowen's Warf.
Bowen's Warf and Touro are walking distance. (We skipped the Touro tour)
I would then do do the mansions and cliff walk together, as they are close together.

Day 3-I would do Matha's Vineyard-https://www.fastferry.com/marthas-vineyard-fast-ferry/ Warning it was hot when we were there.
Then, from there I would drive to Stamford for dinner and then back to Monsey. The Ferry gets back to Quonset late though...
The reason I would choose the last day, is because Newport is an forty minutes back and forth of travel time, while the ferry station is not out of the way to drive home.

However you choose to break up your trip, and whatever activities you choose to do, hope it works out well.
Enjoy!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 9:50 am
yes, my husband does need a minyon and we will therefore be staying at Providence which has that.. unfortunately it doesn't seem that Newport has any minyonim during the week. Providence has a Yeshiva and a school which has minyonim, do you want me to get the details for you?

amother
RosePink

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 1:13 pm
https://www.bubbiesmarket.com/

Saw posted on Yeah That’s Kosher that they will deliver to Newport

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 11:34 pm
amother OP wrote:
yes, my husband does need a minyon and we will therefore be staying at Providence which has that.. unfortunately it doesn't seem that Newport has any minyonim during the week. Providence has a Yeshiva and a school which has minyonim, do you want me to get the details for you?

Thanks for the information where to find a minyan. We’ll find out the details.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 6:56 am
amother Copper wrote:
OP does your family need a minyan to daven? If you do where will you daven for shachris mincha and mariv? I’m trying to plan a trip to the same area but we need a minyan and I don’t know how to find that.

There is a minyan in Providence daily.
There used to be a chabad family near newport that would organizer minyaním there, but they have moved away.
You can call Chabad of West Bay in Warwick, RI and they should be able to give you more info.there mighþ be someone in Narraganset that running one.

honeymoon

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 11:51 am
We were there many years ago but I remember a winery that's open to tourists. we missed our appointment but heard from others that it's very interesting.

We also took an amazing helicopter ride over Rhode Island. The birds eye view is breathtaking. You can also go skydiving if that's your thing.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics