Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Westerleigh Staten island

straightalk

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 9:25 am
We are desperate to move out of Boro park. The housing crisis there is getting worse by the day. Anyways I see potential in Westerleigh but hesitant about neighbors for kids to play with. Is there yidden on all blocks yet? Also heard there's a nice chassidish shul there can a local tell me when block it's on? Let me know your thoughts... Thank you!

amother
Azalea

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 10:17 am
It hasn’t picked up. There are a few yidden here and there but not on every block… willowbrook and manor heights are much more Jewish.

straightalk

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 10:38 am
amother Azalea wrote:
It hasn’t picked up. There are a few yidden here and there but not on every block… willowbrook and manor heights are much more Jewish.

Thank you for your response! Ok I'll be scratching that idea...the prob is those areas dried up and no houses really on market

wanttobehappy

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 10:43 am
It’s really close to the grocery. The shul is run by rabbi lefier and is really nice. We also looked there but ended up buying in Mannor heights. Even here there isn’t tons of Frum families on every block. Bh it’s really working for us. The community is really really nice. People really care here. Really happy I didn’t buy in westerly. It’s been years and the area really hasn’t taken off and it’s a real shame. Msg me if there is anyway I can help

wanttobehappy

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 10:49 am
wanttobehappy wrote:
It’s really close to the grocery. The shul is run by rabbi lefier he also runs the Shomruim and is really nice. We also looked there but ended up buying in Mannor heights. Even here there isn’t tons of Frum families on every block. Bh it’s really working for us. The community is really really nice. People really care here. Really happy I didn’t buy in westerly. It’s been years and the area really hasn’t taken off and it’s a real shame. Msg me if there is anyway I can help

amother
Strawberry

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 11:02 am
straightalk wrote:
Thank you for your response! Ok I'll be scratching that idea...the prob is those areas dried up and no houses really on market

There are definitely a number of houses in Willowbrook and Manor Heights for sale currently.
Reach out to Katz and Blooming Realty

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 10:21 pm
Any reason why Westerleigh didn't take off? Is it because people don't want to be on that side of the highway, or something about the houses or neighbors or prices or ...?

amother
Melon

Post Thu, May 16 2024, 10:31 pm
amother Hotpink wrote:
Any reason why Westerleigh didn't take off? Is it because people don't want to be on that side of the highway, or something about the houses or neighbors or prices or ...?

I know that in the beginning the non Jews weren't too thrilled about the people moving in and the Brooklyn school buses gave people a hard time with providing transportation from that area.
I don't know why it hasn't picked up since...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating