Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Would you send to a babysitter group that has 12 kids and 2

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 1:28 pm
morahs?

6 to 1 is a good ratio for where I live, but for some reason the thought of 12 babies is making me nervous.

On the other hand, 2 adults sounds better and safer overall.

babies are 8-12m

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 1:30 pm
I'd rather 2 morahs and more kids. My daughter was in a group 12-18 months and had 17 for 2 morahs and an assistant.

amother
Grape

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 1:33 pm
Partly depends on the baby’s temperament because some babies get very overwhelmed in large groups and so much better in with less people overall around them.

Edit: my son was in a playgroup with 2 morah and 14 kids (he was 2) and did not do well. Switched him to 1 morah with 6 two year olds and he thrived.

amother
Whitewash

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 1:55 pm
At 8-12m that's reasonable if the room is 100% baby proofed- like not even a full height couch to climb on and fall off of.

amother
Maize

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 2:05 pm
No, I had terrible experience. 2 morahs 13 kids 0-18m. By then 12 Month old got severe severe diaper rashes what you needed heavy prescription cream they blamed me for not diapering him enough when sometimes they would not diaper him at all,yes I counted the diapers every single day. They wasted so much formula And they put the bottles upside down in my baby bag and made a huge mess every single day and it was brand new. I told them to please be careful. There’s so much stains on it. Disgusting they barely fed him his lunch and snacks. Sometimes they’d say oh he slept three hours When I know it’s not true he never slept more than an hour and doesn’t cry when he wakes up and I was went into the room and find him wide eyed and scared. It was only six weeks and I had no other place to put him but if I had I would have taken him out asap.

ETA, fixed typos.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 3:04 pm
amother OP wrote:
morahs?

6 to 1 is a good ratio for where I live, but for some reason the thought of 12 babies is making me nervous.

On the other hand, 2 adults sounds better and safer overall.

babies are 8-12m

no it's not. I send to someone who takes 8 at most, with a helper. If she has less than 5 it's without a helper. I once sent to someone who had 18 babies with 4 people and it wasn't enough. They couldn't care for my baby, they just left him to scream for hours before calling me to come get him. The more babies, the more kids that will be crying/need to be taken care of at one time. 1 adult with 6 babies that can handle it, can take better care of the kids than 2 adults with 12. It's not all about the ratio, it's also abt the babysitter. I learned that the hard way.

amother
Mimosa

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 3:28 pm
hard no
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics