Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Kosher food Morgan Stanley children hospital

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 11:40 am
Are there any kosher restaurants nearby?

amother
Apple

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 12:15 pm
amother OP wrote:
Are there any kosher restaurants nearby?

Columbia in Manhattan?

There's a bikur cholim room. Not sure about any restaurants. Closest Jewish neighborhoods are Washington heights and Riverdale, but I don't think either have much in the food department.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 12:48 pm
Washington heights has CY pizza store.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 1:25 pm
amother Apple wrote:
Columbia in Manhattan?

There's a bikur cholim room. Not sure about any restaurants. Closest Jewish neighborhoods are Washington heights and Riverdale, but I don't think either have much in the food department.

WaHi has 2 pizza stores (grandmas and lake como) a shawarma store (golan) a burger place (burgers n grillz) a falafel place (felafel crunch) and Chinese (chop chop) Also kosher Dunkin’ Donuts. WaHi is closed to Columbia

Riverdale has 2 pizza stores, 2 dairy cafes, a Chinese place and a Carlos and Gabbys plus Dunkin’ Donuts. But it’s not as close

Cafe in lobby has Fresko sandwiches and bikur cholim room on 4 T has anything you could want or need

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 1:26 pm
amother Nasturtium wrote:
Washington heights has CY pizza store.

10-15 min drive from Columbia

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 1:36 pm
amother Nasturtium wrote:
10-15 min drive from Columbia

That’s considered very close in a sprawling city. All these restaurants are on the delivery platforms too

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 1:36 pm
Found the bikur cholim room on floor 6 of Towers building.

Thx

amother
Daisy

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 1:41 pm
As someone who spent a long time at Morgan Stanley children’s hospital at Columbia the bikkur cholim room there on 6tower, is very well stocked. They replenish it often with a lot of different options. Hatzlacha rabba!

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 1:44 pm
amother Daisy wrote:
As someone who spent a long time at Morgan Stanley children’s hospital at Columbia the bikkur cholim room there on 6tower, is very well stocked. They replenish it often with a lot of different options. Hatzlacha rabba!

Exactly

ima22

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 2:00 pm
The cafeteria in the lobby usually has star k salads and wraps. If they don't, there is a bigger selection across the street at the adult hospital cafeteria.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 2:54 pm
amother Daisy wrote:

If anyone here is involved with the Bikur Cholim room - I just want to express my appreciation. There was tons of food and the woman volunteer that was unpacking more fresh food kept urging me and everyone else to take more and more. My child was uncomfortable taking but she kept showing us all the many many options . Tizki Lmitzvos .
Mi Kiamcha Yisroel.

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 3:50 pm
amother OP wrote:
If anyone here is involved with the Bikur Cholim room - I just want to express my appreciation. There was tons of food and the woman volunteer that was unpacking more fresh food kept urging me and everyone else to take more and more. My child was uncomfortable taking but she kept showing us all the many many options . Tizki Lmitzvos .
Mi Kiamcha Yisroel.

Bh! They're the best. Always fully stocked with whatever needed.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 5:00 pm
amother OP wrote:
Mi Kiamcha Yisroel.

Yes agreed. I was there for a bit over a week and omg. Tysm to whoever restocks that’s how I was able to have food every day when my visitors came, they brought some food down. And a huge ty to Satmar Bikur cholim and Chessed 24/7 for brining me hot meals.

amother
Dandelion

Post Wed, Jun 26 2024, 9:46 pm
I work here and no there are no kosher food places that are walking distance. As others said the bikur cholim room is well stocked. The cafeteria on the first floor has kosher sandwiches, kosher bagels, and lots of kosher snacks in the vending machines (cholov steam will give you more options like yogurts and chocolate).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics