Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Organization for parents of multiples

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 7:48 am
Does anyone know if there's an organization for people who have multiples (twins, triplets etc.)?
I heard that there was but I don't remember a name.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 7:51 am
What kind of organization do you mean? There are gemachs for clothing. I have twins

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 9:27 am
I once heard that there was an organization that helps people pay for a nurse. Does anyone know?

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 9:30 am
amother OP wrote:
I once heard that there was an organization that helps people pay for a nurse. Does anyone know?

I never heard of that. My twins are 6 and we did not have a nurse when they were newborns. Wish I knew about that organization. I’m curious if there is such an organization

amother
Molasses

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 9:35 am
Local Bikur Cholim

chassidisheveib

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 10:00 am
Anchor health.
PM me for a relatives number who works there.

chassidisheveib

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 10:01 am
amother OP wrote:

PM me and I’ll help you arrange nurses if you’re in NY.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 10:32 am
Thanks, does anyone know of resources out of NY State?

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 12:29 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks, does anyone know of resources out of NY State?

I do not live in the tristate area and had higher order multiples. It is extremely hard to get free nurses anywhere aside from NY. Sometimes your insurance will cover it IF the babies come home with special accommodations (oxygen, feeding tube etc.) Even if they provide the nurse it is nothing compared to what you are looking for.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 12:33 pm
Chocolate, what do you mean even if they provide the nurse it's nothing compared to what you're looking for?
Would you be able to please elaborate what type of help is possible to get from insurance?

Thank you for all the responses

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 12:34 pm
amother OP wrote:
Chocolate, what do you mean even if they provide the nurse it's nothing compared to what you're looking for?
Would you be able to please elaborate what type of help is possible to get from insurance?

Some agencies have amazing nurses some have terrible.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 12:36 pm
Got it, but I'm not asking if they're good... Just asking if it's possible to get some type of respite or nursing care through insurance OR if there is any frum organizations that help with this?

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 12:42 pm
amother OP wrote:
Got it, but I'm not asking if they're good... Just asking if it's possible to get some type of respite or nursing care through insurance OR if there is any frum organizations that help with this?

Fidelis says you need a doctors note when I asked them before her agency.

amother
Pistachio

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 12:52 pm
amother Blue wrote:
Fidelis says you need a doctors note when I asked them before her agency.

That’s in New York.

AFAIK out of NY it’s very hard and you would need to ask your doctor etc probably a blue relevant if cvs the babies have medical needs and then it’s shifts and usually not great nurses or can’t get even if you qualify.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 8:33 pm
amother OP wrote:

Most people looking for a baby nurse in the frum world are really looking for a live in nanny for the baby to help you (the mom) right after birth. This can include feeding, diapering, changing, bathing, etc. According to the insurance, they are offering home health care to provide health care for medically 'needy' people aka babies. They specifically do not provide to the mother (unless the mother has a medical need...not just having a c section). Many times they deem 3 hours in a 24 hour period sufficient time and they may even split those three hours into 3! Depending on the medical condition (feeding tube, oxygen, etc) they may not be able to help bathe the baby or feed the baby. At the end of the day the actual help is very minimal and there needs to be a real medical need cvs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more