Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Differences between RBS G and D?

amother
OP  

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 1:00 pm
Please explain the differences between these two neighborhoods. We're looking into both for moving long term. We're a young yeshivish couple, before school aged kids. Not into gashmius or too much conformity. Thanks!

amother
Tangerine  

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 1:03 pm
RBS G is perfect for you. It's much more established and a lovely community. D is still in the building process with Arabs and builders everywhere. Dust and not so much greenery yet.

Also D is a big cholent pot of all types fighting to make the community for them. There's extremists there as well, the ones from Bet who didn't have any apartments left so came to D, the rabbanim in D don't allow restaraunts or stores to hire men and women together, play any nonjewish music, have photos of girls on the outside of kids stores, and there's been many protests there.

There's alot of nice good people but it's kinda a mess. I'd move to Gimmel if I could.

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 1:20 pm
Thank you, Tangerine! Wow, I thought they were much more similar than that. Are the rental rates in the same range?

Also, is there any difference between G1 and G2 and and other G's?

amother
  Tangerine

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 1:35 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you, Tangerine! Wow, I thought they were much more similar than that. Are the rental rates in the same range?

Also, is there any difference between G1 and G2 and and other G's?

D has some Anglo communities and anglos but like I said it's less established and last I checked the rental prices weren't considerably cheaper in D. Have yet to meet somebody who loves living there, everybody is just kind of okay living there.

G2 is more extremists and chassidish but there's alot of anglos by the 2 streets Natan and Shmuel HaNavi. I know loads of people living there, the Anglo nshei gets at least 60 people. Those two little streets are home to all the schools, the mikvah, a few parks and a little shopping center with a pizza store, makolet, nut store, butcher, take out place, and fast food meat place.

G1 is bigger and very few chassidim/extremists.

For reference I lived in Aleph for 8 years and live in G2 for 4 years.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions