Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Hates to be changed, why?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 3:43 pm
why would a toddler hate to be changed of a smelly ichy diaper? explain the thought process, anyone?
he fights me at every turn.

amother
Birch

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 3:46 pm
Many kids don’t like the feeling. The wipes are too cold, the wipes burn, they just don’t want to lay still.. maybe try another brand of wipes. Does he have a rash? Is he in a lot of pain?

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 3:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
why would a toddler hate to be changed of a smelly ichy diaper? explain the thought process, anyone?
he fights me at every turn.

Someone very wise once explained this to me when I was toilet training my child.
She said children are born and poop in a diaper. Thats all they know. The wet, mushy, smelly poo to us, is not bad to them. They are used to it and to some its actually comforting.

amother
Blueberry

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 3:59 pm
Wish I knew! I have to fight my 22 month old and hold her down. The only thing that gets her to lay down is if I yell at her but I obviously feel awful when I lose my temper and do that. It’s so annoying.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 4:02 pm
Maybe he is bored lying still. Or feels helpless and trapped. Can you try offering a choice whether to change his lying down or standing up?

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 4:04 pm
Start telling him if he doesn't like it he can learn to use the toilet. Worked for one my kids.

amother
Hyssop

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 4:05 pm
Time to toilet train! My daughter was giving me a tough time so even if she was younger, barely 2, I trained her and thankfully went smoothly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training