Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Ear molding - monsey/ north nj

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 09 2024, 9:28 pm
Any recommendations for a newborn born with smushed ears?
Is there any insurance coverage for this?

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Jun 09 2024, 10:21 pm
I live in monsey but we traveled to dr gila Weinstein and we were so happy. She is truly the queen of ear molding and so so nice. She literally got on the phone with us less than an hour to zman to walk us through an issue.
In terms of insurance there is someone that advertised in the Ami magazine. I think the name is batiste? If someone has the name maybe they can post. You would also need to travel to see him as he’s in nyc o believe.
He takes fidelis I think. We didn’t have fidelis and our insurance wouldn’t pay regardless of provider so we just went with the best.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Jun 09 2024, 10:21 pm
I forgot to mention that this is time sensitive and each day counts differently so make an appointment as soon as you can.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 09 2024, 10:46 pm
How much does this cost? We have good private insurance but I assume this is not covered. Cannot travel into Brooklyn.

amother
Mimosa

Post Sun, Jun 09 2024, 11:08 pm
I car service to Brooklyn is 80 dollars. If you don’t find someone local and you can’t drive then hire someone.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 5:38 am
My baby had smushed ears, everyone told us run it needs to be done asap or you miss the window. thankfully someone mentioned that a very high percentage fix on its own but only after 3 months - which is why they rush you to do it before 3m, and recommended we wait till 3 months and then decide. you can still do it then, its just might take a little longer, by 3m the very squished, pointy elfy ears looked totally normal.
but it does depend on what the issue is if the are squished, or there is something that grew wrong.

amother
Cyan

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 6:38 am
I did it through insurance in Manhattan, I believe they also have an office on Long Island.
Dr Bastidas: 516-497-7900
And it was fully covered by insurance.
My childs moldings came off about 2 weeks ago, definitely see an improvement, but it wasn’t that bad to begin with.
And like someone mentioned, it actually can correct itself, however according to this practice, insurance doesn’t cover it anymore after the baby is 3 months.
Good Luck
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics