Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Health insurance/taxes

amother
OP  

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 6:17 pm
I got married about a year ago and around that time I had to renew my health insurance. At the time we didn’t finish finalizing the marriage license so I was told that as long as I’m not legally married and we’re filing taxes separately I only count my income which made me eligible for Medicaid
Id like to finish up with the documents and be legally married, and file taxes jointly since we’re having a baby and we can save a lot on taxes. But if we do that then I lose Medicaid because then I need to count my husbands income
I heard that if you apply through the marketplace they subsidize the plans for you. Does anyone know how much that would be? I know it’s different depending on income, just wondering if you still need to pay a lot or if they’re reasonable. Like if all our savings per month would be going to health insurance

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 6:39 pm
you can go onto the marketplace website and input your family information (I believe when you're expecting, you're counted as a family of 3) and see what is says. they have an estimator. also, it's easier to get medicaid when pregnant.

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 11:08 pm
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:
you can go onto the marketplace website and input your family information (I believe when you're expecting, you're counted as a family of 3) and see what is says. they have an estimator. also, it's easier to get medicaid when pregnant.

Thanks for your reply
I won’t be eligible for Medicaid but I will be for the essential plan
Will look into the estimator
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics