Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Grrr I hate paying taxes
Previous  1  2

amother
Maize

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 8:47 pm
wouldn't mind paying taxes if they only went for what makes sense and for what they are supposed to be for
security
basic services

not as a slush fund for government nonsense

amother
  Chestnut

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 8:49 pm
amother Lavender wrote:
Well obviously they are not the ones voting per se although they do tend to give a lot of money to government officials who provide better tax structure for them.

It is not a coincidence LOL

I mention hedge fund managers specifically since a major percentage of their earnings are taxed as capital gains because of how they are denominated. Therefore instead of paying at a higher marginal income tax rate, they pay at the far lower capital gains rate.

Not to mention the disproportionate income that payroll taxes have on the lowest earning workers since these are not due after a relatively low amount of salary.

We're not even going to discuss the many corporate government credits to big business. And let's not discuss short term rentals or depreciation... somebody up there in the federal government is benefitting from all these laws, that's for sure.

But payroll tax actually hits the middle class the hardest. Mr and Mrs Doe each making 100k.

amother
Viola

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 8:57 pm
While I'm very happy that people who really need government programs are getting the help they need am I supposed to feel good that my hard earned money is funding it?

BasKol

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 9:14 pm
amother Viola wrote:
While I'm very happy that people who really need government programs are getting the help they need am I supposed to feel good that my hard earned money is funding it?

At least it’s helping so many of us!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics