Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Cream cheese in Israel
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 12:31 am
Where can I find regular cream cheese for cheesecake in Jerusalem? Not farmers cheese or ricotta just plain cream cheese.

amother
Snapdragon  

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 12:36 am
amother OP wrote:
Where can I find regular cream cheese for cheesecake in Jerusalem? Not farmers cheese or ricotta just plain cream cheese.

Tnuva napoleon. Comes in gold container (full fat) or silver (lower fat). Other companies started producing as well. It's called גבינת שמנת.

FYI. You can also make cheese cake from gvina levana. Delicious, easy and much cheaper.

amother
Gold  

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 12:38 am
There’s a cheese called Tuv taam from Tara that I like to use instead of cream cheese. It comes in a blue bag.

Bnei Berak 10  

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 12:49 am
Napoleon is the best Smile
Surprisingly it's been on them market for many many years but it's not an everyday widespread Israeli thing like 5% white cheese.

amother
Violet  

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 12:51 am
They sell cream cheese here, a few brands. I personally make my own from shamenet as it's cheaper, easy, and has a better taste and texture.

heidi

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 1:59 am
Take 4 shamenets, add 1 tsp salt, mix and put into a towel that has been placed in a tin pan. Close the towel over the mixture and refrigerate. Within 24 hours you have true Philadelphia cream cheese. I bought 8 shamenets today for 21 shekel. One tiny container of Philadelphia - you'd probably need 5 for a cheescake- costs 29 shekel
You can also add herbs and have flavored cream cheese for spreads

amother
Aconite

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 2:03 am
In Jerusalem there is a guy that sells bulk cream cheese and shredded cheese. There is a minimum order amount and they come in large packages, but the cream cheese is American cream cheese.
054-741-2729

essie14  

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 2:21 am

This is the Shufersal brand

This is available in every supermarket

essie14  

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 2:21 am
amother Gold wrote:
There’s a cheese called Tuv taam from Tara that I like to use instead of cream cheese. It comes in a blue bag.

That's farmer cheese.

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 2:42 am
Thank you everyone!!

amother
  Snapdragon

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 4:19 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Napoleon is the best Smile
Surprisingly it's been on them market for many many years but it's not an everyday widespread Israeli thing like 5% white cheese.

Probably because it's 2.5x the price!

amother
  Violet

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 4:50 am
heidi wrote:
Take 4 shamenets, add 1 tsp salt, mix and put into a towel that has been placed in a tin pan. Close the towel over the mixture and refrigerate. Within 24 hours you have true Philadelphia cream cheese. I bought 8 shamenets today for 21 shekel. One tiny container of Philadelphia - you'd probably need 5 for a cheescake- costs 29 shekel

My recipe is a little less than 1tsp of sugar and salt for 2 shamenet.

Bnei Berak 10  

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 7:28 am
essie14 wrote:

This is the Shufersal brand

This is available in every supermarket

Is the Shufersal mehadrin?

Bnei Berak 10  

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 7:28 am
amother Snapdragon wrote:
Probably because it's 2.5x the price!
Yup. No price control.

Bnei Berak 10  

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 7:34 am
heidi wrote:

Shamenet chamoutza 15% is under price control Baruch HaShem Smile
29 shekel for tiny original Philadelphia cheam cheese?! What?! In this economy?!
No thank you. אפשר לחשוב, מה זה, זהב??

amother
  Gold

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 7:52 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Shamenet chamoutza 15% is under price control Baruch HaShem Smile
29 shekel for tiny original Philadelphia cheam cheese?! What?! In this economy?!
No thank you. אפשר לחשוב, מה זה, זהב??

No she said 5 for 29

essie14  

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 8:02 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Is the Shufersal mehadrin?

You can look it up on the website

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 8:06 am
amother Gold wrote:
No she said 5 for 29

You are wrong. One piece for 29 NIS she said.

spikta

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 1:11 pm
PSA: Buy Gvinat shamenet Tivit (30% fat) at the cheese counter for half the price of any other option!
The regular price for gvinat shamenet it's ~34 shekels a kilo. A container of of Napolean is usually ~16 shekels and it's 225 grams which comes out to over 70 shekels a kilo. Napolean and supermarket brand gvinat shamenet often go on sale for shavuot, but so does the gvinat shamenet at the chees counter. I just got some at Rami levi for 19 shekels a kilo! That's the equivalent of over 4 blocks of cream cheese for 19 shekels! It's cheaper than buying 15% shamenet and making it yourself!

Success10

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 1:17 pm
amother Aconite wrote:
In Jerusalem there is a guy that sells bulk cream cheese and shredded cheese. There is a minimum order amount and they come in large packages, but the cream cheese is American cream cheese.
054-741-2729

This. Excellent quality. Large quantity but an amazing price. You can also pick up from him in Ramat Shlomo. I imagine he's insanely busy with orders the week of Shavuos.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics