Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Need chizuk
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Jun 03 2024, 7:53 am
My husband is losing his high paying job in a wide layoff. No idea what they will do for him for severance and notice time. Terrible timing. Beyond stressed. Not telling anyone yet. Words of chizuk and brachos from the wonderful women on this site would be much appreciated

amother
Hosta

Post Mon, Jun 03 2024, 7:57 am
Oy .that's really hard.

Davening for you that you should be blessed with parnassah and peace of mind and may new doors open soon

amother
Whitewash

Post Mon, Jun 03 2024, 8:09 am
Stay strong. IyH this will lead to tremendous bracha for your family and something even better than he had before.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jun 03 2024, 8:30 am
Amen thank you 😞

amother
Nemesia

Post Mon, Jun 03 2024, 9:37 am
IYH he'll find something soon

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Jun 03 2024, 9:43 am
instinct reaction is to recoil and feel like ground beneath you is crumbling
and than
like the starting rumble of thunder you remember
My tatteh in himmel!
He'll bail me out
All isn't lost
HE's been hovering over me all this time
The high paying check was coming from HIM
and HE will continue to send it
through another shaliach
Now is the time to double your thanks to this loving father of yours
Thank you Hashem for security I've felt all the years
Thank you for the reminder that it's all you
Thank you for arranging a similar or higher paycheck elsewhere
Thank you for your multitude of blessings
Thank you for keeping us all healthy in mind and spirit

and may you b'karov see it actualize itself - how your paycheck comes directly from HIM

amother
Mimosa

Post Mon, Jun 03 2024, 9:46 am
May your husband continue to provide well for his family and support Torah learning generously.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jun 03 2024, 1:11 pm
Amen! Thank you!

mom!  

Post Mon, Jun 03 2024, 1:25 pm
I said some tehillim for you. Please update with a yeshua very very soon!

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jun 03 2024, 1:27 pm
Ty!!!!🥹

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 7:31 am
BH some possibilities are on the table and could be really good but right now the stress is so high. And normal life stresses haven’t stopped either. Davening one of these opportunities should work out quickly so in the end there is no real financial damage and we won’t have to tell anyone or ask for help. So badly hope we can keep this between us and Hashem.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 7:42 am
I remember when my father was laid off, some years ago. My mother AH had absolute confidence in him, it really blew us all away.
He found another position pretty quickly BH....and his severance pay helped pay for 3 weddings they made in one year.

amother
Crocus

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 7:45 am
amother OP wrote:
BH some possibilities are on the table and could be really good but right now the stress is so high. And normal life stresses haven’t stopped either. Davening one of these opportunities should work out quickly so in the end there is no real financial damage and we won’t have to tell anyone or ask for help. So badly hope we can keep this between us and Hashem.

We’ve been through some pretty stressful times financially with a lot of unknown. I kept talking to Hashem and studying emunah and when things resolved bH for the good, I felt like I had gotten through it and become a somewhat better and stronger Jew

amother
Leaf  

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 7:59 am
I just went through this last year.
I’m jot going to sugarcoat it, it’s been a rough ride. My bitachon has been tested like never before. My husband was looking for a lot of months. Bh he got a job after a while but it’s not as well paying and it’s a struggle.
I’ll be honest I hated all the people who told me oh don’t worry he will find something right away and it will be even better. Because that’s not how it played out for me and so that irked me to no end. Ultimately turning to Hashem and relying on Him is the only way we have gotten through this. If I’m being honest I was prob a little too comf with his previous job and didn’t think day to day to be thankful for the stability and comfort. hishtadlus is an illusion and ultimately relying on just Hashem is the only way.
Besuros tovos and hope things do turn out better for you.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 8:02 am
I do believe Hashem is testing us and I do feel the Yeshuah can come only when He sends it. I want to just rely on Him and only Him. I say benching with such Kavana! We’ve been working on bitachon for various issues prior to this event happening, and I do feel like I have a lot of tools in my box. I know this is from Hashem and truly we are always only getting from Him but at the same time there’s emotions I can’t help but feel. Strain and pressure.

We didn’t tell our children bec for now he’s there for a few more weeks and we’re hoping that there’s no gap if one of these possibilities work out. Not to keep a secret so much as to protect our privacy. But it’s interesting to me Chayala that you remember that time in a positive light when it occurred to your father.

Halevai we use his severance to pay for a wedding this year too as I have a child in shidduchim.

mom!

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 10:57 am
Maybe post what field he is looking for a job in. Perhaps an ima will have a lead for you.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 7:29 pm
Thank you but not really the type-he’s in a highly specialized field. ( It would also give me away bec of that. )

amother
Raspberry

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 7:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
My husband is losing his high paying job in a wide layoff. No idea what they will do for him for severance and notice time. Terrible timing. Beyond stressed. Not telling anyone yet. Words of chizuk and brachos from the wonderful women on this site would be much appreciated

This was me eight months ago. Oy was it terrible!! Six months of not knowing and realizing that I am not in control. We made it bh! You will too iyH! Yes, we had to cut back and yes I lowered my standards considerably (I grew up and was used to wealth!) BUT my marriage is better for it. It was one huge six months of stretching exercises in terms of marriage. It only made me a better person, a more resilient one, and also made me realize that materialism doesn't matter.

I hope you can too and I wish you so much Hatzlacha and strength!! You'll need it.... 💙

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 7:05 am
Even though some possibilities arose quickly some of those doors are now closing, with him being passed over. There are a couple of options left and I’m davening they work out for him, even though they pay less then he makes now and our expenses are huge. I don’t understand this nisayon. Trying to hold on to ein od milvado but the fear and worry are endless. And my husband is a truly a tzaddik and excellent at what he does. He should be getting another great job in an Instant. None of this makes any sense.

amother
  Leaf

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 7:11 am
amother OP wrote:
Even though some possibilities arose quickly some of those doors are now closing, with him being passed over. There are a couple of options left and I’m davening they work out for him, even though they pay less then he makes now and our expenses are huge. I don’t understand this nisayon. Trying to hold on to ein od milvado but the fear and worry are endless. And my husband is a truly a tzaddik and excellent at what he does. He should be getting another great job in an Instant. None of this makes any sense.

I very very much relate. I’m so sorry you are going through this. I really have no other advice other than what I posted previously, but I feel your pain. It’s really hard
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics