Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Is there any way that I can do my own makeup and still look
Previous  1  2  3

amother
  Mintcream

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 11:10 am
amother OP wrote:
OK I checked my makeup and tada.....it has spf!! Most foundations have it! Which affordable one should I get that doesn't have spf?

Whats wrong with spf? My foundations have SPF and it was never an issue

amother
  Ruby

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 11:34 am
amother Mintcream wrote:
Whats wrong with spf? My foundations have SPF and it was never an issue

There are different types of SPF. The popular mineral SPF causes flashback with flash photography. Results may vary depending on the specific formula, but as a general rule, when doing makeup for flash photography, it's a good idea to avoid makeup with SPF and to avoid certain powders. Basically, it happens because certain SPFs are actually white pigments that reflect the light away from the skin. Under normal light, they're very sheer, but they reflect the strong flash, causing a white spot in the photo.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 11:35 am
amother OP wrote:
OK I checked my makeup and tada.....it has spf!! Most foundations have it! Which affordable one should I get that doesn't have spf?

That may be a myth , see this
https://makeupbynancy.com/bost.....ck-2/

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 12:39 pm
Pls pls link a foundation that doesn't have this issue and also a powder pls!

StylishTichel

Post Thu, Dec 07 2023, 12:49 pm
I did my makeup for my own vort and wedding. The only time I ever got my makeup done I went home and touched it up..

But I am a very artistically inclined person. I usually do my own wigs (and sheitel machars have told me it looks professional) and gel nails (aside from the fact that I work in the design field). So I'm definitely not the typical..

But just like any skill you can learn how to do makeup professionally. There are plenty of videos online for free as well as paid courses. It's really not that complicating.

That being said as someone's who's artistic I can appreciate the professionals and in my opinion If you're at all hesitant to DIY they are 100% worth the price. Just do your research - there are plenty of muas that don't charge an arm and a leg.

amother
Lightblue

Post Mon, Jan 22 2024, 8:34 pm
I did my own makeup and set my own sheitel for my wedding. People still comment on how gorgeous everything was.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics