Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Is there such a thing as buying a house Monsey style in Isra
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Oldlace

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 11:30 pm
I think op might not only be asking about the land as much as the square footage of the house. My property isn't that big but my house is over 4000 square feet.

amother
Impatiens  

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 12:42 am
If you mean square footage - then yes, you can buy one if you have enough money.

The way things are built is different here - more european then american, but you can probably build something that even is similar stylistically

4,000 square feet = 317 square meters. The biggest lot size you will get in an anglo area is probably 2-3 dunam, which is about a half an acre. My aunt built a huge house in Har Shmuel overlooking a vineyard, so while the lot is only 3 dunam, it feels much bigger....

If you really want to move here without compromising at all and have endless money to spend, buy a few lot or an old house that you tear down and build your dream house. I would say dont even do it in Beit Shemesh - the only places I can think of that kind of living being appropriate socially are Har Shmuel, Givaat Hamivtar, or Rechavia/Katamon, and even there you will stick out as the very obvious 1%ers

amother
NeonPink

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 12:49 am
salt wrote:
Maybe OP has a lot of money.

Didn’t finish reading through. But even with a lot of money there’s only so much Land. It depends where she wants to live. If she wants to live like in Jerusalem, it doesn’t matter how much money she has. She’s not going to find a huge house with a huge huge huge piece of property. Do you have a huge yard if it doesn’t exist

amother
Peony

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 2:16 am
Check out Eden Hills, a new community in the center-ish of Israel.

amother
Mimosa

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 2:22 am
If you buy a house on the edge of Ramot Bet, you can get a single family home backing on to Yaar Ramot and then even if the grounds of your property are not that size, you'll get that feel. But I don't think the houses are that huge and you'll pay around 9.5million shekel ($3m)

Roots

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 2:24 am
my reference for these things is yad2
in this link I put big houses 5-11 bedrooms and 250-500 meters in the search:
(city wise I didnt put anything- you can check each property on the map)

https://www.yad2.co.il/realest.....0-500

amother
Yolk

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 2:24 am
amother Mimosa wrote:
If you buy a house on the edge of Ramot Bet, you can get a single family home backing on to Yaar Ramot and then even if the grounds of your property are not that size, you'll get that feel. But I don't think the houses are that huge and you'll pay around 9.5million shekel ($3m)

But I assume there's a possibility that one day yaar ramot will be knocked down to build more houses? And then good bye "backyard"?

shabbatiscoming  

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 3:01 am
amother Yolk wrote:
But I assume there's a possibility that one day yaar ramot will be knocked down to build more houses? And then good bye "backyard"?

Why woukd you assume that? There are many such yaarot and they are not being knocked down.

amother
Currant

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 4:00 am
There's a new(ish?) area in rbs or right outside rbs that they call the beverly hills of beit shemesh where they are building huge houses

Rabbit613  

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 4:15 am
Many moahavim have alot if land. There are even moshavim close to Yerushalyim and Bet Shemesh. Some of these moshvim are daati with a
Haredi population as well. The only thing is they are very expensive.

amother
  Begonia  

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 4:34 am
amother Currant wrote:
There's a new(ish?) area in rbs or right outside rbs that they call the beverly hills of beit shemesh where they are building huge houses

Givot eden
https://givoteden.net/

amother
Clover

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 5:09 am
Have you been to Israel ever op? If that’s what you need I don’t think Aliyah is for you.

shabbatiscoming  

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 6:32 am
amother Peony wrote:
Check out Eden Hills, a new community in the center-ish of Israel.

This is an EXTREMELY expensive community and supposed to be secular and MO / DL.

amother
  Trillium  

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 6:59 am
Most families in Monsey, don't have much land or a big property at this day and age. Monsey is a city full of homes, no property.

amother
Ultramarine  

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 7:10 am
amother OP wrote:
In Israel? (In a frum neighborhood)

Hey Op. the short answer is no.
Most of israel lives like Boro Park in buildings or attached homes. No driveways and lawns.
And although you can technically get a very large size house for a more money, you may regret it as you will be the very rich one in the neighborhood….
I’m struggling with the same. Its hard to give up my 2500sq ft home and two cars and backyard garden and privacy for an apartment on the 3rd floor.

Im getting there hopefully cuz I’m finally ready to trade my gashmius for ruchnius but its not easy. Its called galus. The Israelis on here disnt understand your question. Ive been to israel many times and live in Lakewood so I get it

DrMom

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 7:33 am
Another way to have more space but not limit where you live is to buy 2 apartments which are located next to each other on the same floor and join them to create one mega-apartment.

It doesn't solve the outdoor space issue, but if you have a very large family or need multiple home offices, it may do the trick, and it won't limit you to rural areas.

It's probably easiest to do this in new apartment complexes that are just now selling units. You'll be more likely to find 2 available apartments on a single floor, and renovations will be minimal.

But I;d advise anyone making aliyah to rent first anyway.

amother
Banana

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 9:06 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Why woukd you assume that? There are many such yaarot and they are not being knocked down.

They keep on bringing new plans to 'develop' the forest below Har Nof. The community is constantly fighting them. So far the local community has won, but the next idea is always just round the corner. Ramot is probably the same.

Rappel  

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 9:27 am
Roots wrote:
my reference for these things is yad2
in this link I put big houses 5-11 bedrooms and 250-500 meters in the search:
(city wise I didnt put anything- you can check each property on the map)

https://www.yad2.co.il/realest.....0-500

מי כעמך ישראל!

Even in the most luxurious houses in the country, there are only 6-7 rooms in the whole house, because it's natural for everyone to spend time together.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 9:30 am
Rappel wrote:
מי כעמך ישראל!

Even in the most luxurious houses in the country, there are only 6-7 rooms in the whole house, because it's natural for everyone to spend time together.

Of course there are homes with 8, 9, 10, even 15 rooms. They just arent on yad2.
I actually know someone with a 10 room home. There are many rich people in israel. Many.

amother
  Trillium

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 9:34 am
Rappel wrote:
מי כעמך ישראל!

Huh? There as plenty homes in Israel that have 10+ rooms...
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions