Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I`m from Stamford Hill, London AMA
  Previous  1  2  3 14  15  16  Next

amother
  Brickred

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 9:00 am
amother Brickred wrote:
Call police non emergency which is 101. There should be CCTV of it.
Police are very supportive and it's very important to keep reporting.

Once you have your CAD reference from the police, call shomrim and tell them what happened. They might get hold of CCTV faster.

amother
  Hosta  

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:18 am
amother Hosta wrote:
Is it true that the totenham eiruv is being expanded to the rest of SH?

Anyone?

amother
  White  

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:20 am
I heard that too
apparently up ravensdale and after Belz

amother
  Hosta

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:31 am
amother White wrote:
I heard that too
apparently up ravensdale and after Belz

That's it? What about the rest of SH?

amother
  Currant

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:41 am
amother Bisque wrote:
I dont come from Stamford Hill but your post is quite derogatory and pokes fun.

You dont have to agree or support everything but please dont poke fun.

Not poking fun at all, just responding to this entire thread thats been discussing hats, tights, and which shuls and schools now require certain requirements etc..

For those who say there was never a buggy ban. It was a discussion 30 odd years ago, before bugaboos and doonas were even dreamt up. I wasn’t a mother yet, so I don’t remember what happened ultimately, but I remember many hot discussions at the time.
Perhaps some of you were too young at the time to have heard about it..
I’m sure you don’t either remember pamphlets going thru everyone’s postbox banning going to tasty pizza when they first opened.. it wasn’t a kedassia ban, but certain groups in SH made it their business..

amother
  Amber

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 11:04 am
amother Currant wrote:
Not poking fun at all, just responding to this entire thread thats been discussing hats, tights, and which shuls and schools now require certain requirements etc..

For those who say there was never a buggy ban. It was a discussion 30 odd years ago, before bugaboos and doonas were even dreamt up. I wasn’t a mother yet, so I don’t remember what happened ultimately, but I remember many hot discussions at the time.

I’m sure you don’t either remember pamphlets going thru everyone’s postbox banning going to tasty pizza when they first opened.. it wasn’t a kedassia ban, but certain groups in SH made it their business..

Respectfully noting ' many hot discussions' does not equal 'banned by Rabanim' .

Individiuals posting pamphlets, usualy unsigned, carry no weight.

In every community there will be ' hot discussions' or 'pamphlets' about anything and everything...it is not community specific to Stamford Hill.

alot of noise and blanket statements being made without much substance to back it up.

amother
  White

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 11:05 am
amother Hosta wrote:
That's it? What about the rest of SH?

Its never going to reach up to the rest-fountain/chardmore... satma wont allow it

amother
  Hyacinth  

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 12:01 pm
amother Currant wrote:

Had to check this with my mother in law. She had one of the first three wheeler buggies in Stamford hill, the original mountain buggy. It was bought for my brother in law that was born in 1999 so not even 25 years ago. She doesn't recall any ban of any sort and it quickly became the norm.

Maybe there were some extreme radical minority community members, which many communities have, who didn't like them? No rabbonim ever banned them. Most bans don't even come from the rabbonim, but from extreme individuals. This has nothing to do with the community.

amother
  Linen

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 12:21 pm
amother Hyacinth wrote:
Had to check this with my mother in law. She had one of the first three wheeler buggies in Stamford hill, the original mountain buggy. It was bought for my brother in law that was born in 1999 so not even 25 years ago. She doesn't recall any ban of any sort and it quickly became the norm.

Maybe there were some extreme radical minority community members, which many communities have, who didn't like them? No rabbonim ever banned them. Most bans don't even come from the rabbonim, but from extreme individuals. This has nothing to do with the community.

Yeah, I remember when I was growing up in the early 2000s that most people had three wheelers, my mother was the nebby one without. LOL
But I wouldn't be surprised if women in Stamford hill were having discussions back then if it's appropriate to have such a trendy buggy lol.
But that's still not the same as rabbanim banning it, that makes no sense.

amother
Daisy

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 4:40 pm
Lots of Muslims lots of rain.

amother
  Navy  

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 5:16 pm
What is that supposed to mean???

amother
  Hyacinth  

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 7:09 am
amother Daisy wrote:
Lots of Muslims lots of rain.

huh?

amother
  Navy  

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 1:49 pm
Stamford Hill give a lot of charity more then other places.

amother
  Hyacinth  

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 2:10 pm
amother Navy wrote:
Stamford Hill give a lot of charity more then other places.

Agree!
Dh is the uk gabbai tzedakah for a large Israeli charity, and he always mentions how giving the Stamford hill people are, in comparison to other UK communities. Especially the Satmar People. So generous (and I doubt they have any affiliation to this tzedaka organizations that's based in Israel)

amother
  Navy  

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 2:17 pm
Let’s continue bringing out all the positive aspects of Stamford Hill

amother
  Hyacinth

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 2:54 pm
amother Navy wrote:
Let’s continue bringing out all the positive aspects of Stamford Hill

Are we the only ones in the UK to have a 24 hour kosher grocery ? Smile

amother
  Navy  

Post Tue, Oct 31 2023, 3:47 pm
Seems one it! I love Breuer and Spitzer

amother
Tomato

Post Fri, Nov 03 2023, 5:22 am
Is the new mikva at the top of craven park open yet?

amother
  Navy  

Post Fri, Nov 03 2023, 7:43 am
I don’t think so.They don’t have enough funds.

Ruchi

Post Sat, Nov 04 2023, 8:12 pm
amother Navy wrote:
I don’t think so.They don’t have enough funds.

London is the capital of Tzedakah.
is too much tzedokah money going out of the country instead of staying in ?
Page 15 of 16   Previous  1  2  3 14  15  16  Next Recent Topics