amother Navy wrote:
Who was on the hill today in the rain?

Me! It hasn`t stopped pouring and there is still plenty more rain to come Help

My poor sheitel doesn`t stand a chance
I wish we could just go out with snoods and bandanas when it rains! TMI

amother
  Maroon  

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 7:19 pm
I feel the same. A pity to ruin my sheitel.

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 7:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
Me! It hasn`t stopped pouring and there is still plenty more rain to come Help

My poor sheitel doesn`t stand a chance
I wish we could just go out with snoods and bandanas when it rains! TMI

Raincoat with a hood?

amother
  Maroon  

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 7:23 pm
--

amother
Currant  

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 7:32 pm
Enjoying reading this thread!! I moved out of SH almost 20 years ago when I got married and so glad to have left!! I still enjoy visiting once in a while but glad not to live in a place where your judged for your tights, your headgear, your buggy (I remember a time before I was married when 3 wheeled buggies were banned by the Rabbonim because they were too trendy. Which one of them is bored enough to dream this up??)
Was just there last weekend and although the shops come and go, nothing really changes!

amother
  Navy  

Post Sun, Oct 29 2023, 9:56 pm
We have come a long way with shops.my friends that have moved away 20 years ago whenever they come for a visit are amazed at all the shops in the hill.

Ruchi  

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 3:59 am
amother Currant wrote:
Enjoying reading this thread!! I moved out of SH almost 20 years ago when I got married and so glad to have left!! I still enjoy visiting once in a while but glad not to live in a place where your judged for your tights, your headgear, your buggy (I remember a time before I was married when 3 wheeled buggies were banned by the Rabbonim because they were too trendy. Which one of them is bored enough to dream this up??)
Was just there last weekend and although the shops come and go, nothing really changes!

I don't recall there ever being such a ban. This was never publicly publicised anywhere.
By the same token, then the bugaboo would have also been banned together with lots of other trends.

amother
  Sand

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 5:46 am
Quote:
I never knew that Mrs Mandel was head of YHS? As far back as I remember it was always Mrs Pinter OH

Like I said I am a lot older then all of you posters.... Im going back 45 + years.....

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 5:58 am
amother Currant wrote:

I dont come from Stamford Hill but your post is quite derogatory and pokes fun.

You dont have to agree or support everything but please dont poke fun.

amother
  Banana

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 6:16 am
amother Bisque wrote:
I dont come from Stamford Hill but your post is quite derogatory and pokes fun.

You dont have to agree or support everything but please dont poke fun.

Truth hurts!!!

amother
  White  

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 6:23 am
amother Banana wrote:
Truth hurts!!!

Why would the truth hurt her? She just said she doesnt come from SH, shes calling you out for your derogatory post and frankly you think in BP, Monsey or elsewhere you wont be judged for what you wear?
And BTW 3 wheeler buggies where never banned. Utter rubbish. If so, shouldn't Bugaboo and doona also have been banned.
Where do you live?

amother
  OP

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 6:43 am
amother White wrote:
Why would the truth hurt her? She just said she doesnt come from SH, shes calling you out for your derogatory post and frankly you think in BP, Monsey or elsewhere you wont be judged for what you wear?
And BTW 3 wheeler buggies where never banned. Utter rubbish. If so, shouldn't Bugaboo and doona also have been banned.
Where do you live?

Or the Mima. The leather is so modern looking! Just joking. Absolute rubbish that 3 wheelers were ever banned.

By the way, did anyone see the advert between East Bank and West Bank with a photo of a few girls playing in a garden? It is an advert from the Hackney museum showcasing an exhibition of Yesodey Hatorah School in the 1990s. Exhibition will be open until February 2024. Anyone planning to go? Anyone recognize any of the kids in the pic?

amother
  Maroon

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 6:56 am
Many many people had three wheelers, especially the doubles. Remember those? LOL

amother
  Navy  

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 8:08 am
Was just now waiting for the 318 bus outside Carmel Stamford Hill. He opened the doors for a [cleaner] in front of me and literally closed the doors in front of my face and sped off. Should I report to Shomrim?

amother
  Springgreen  

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 8:17 am
In Stamford Hill's defense, I don't feel judged for my wig, clothing, tights or buggy. Even if you do judge me, I don't know or care.

amother
  Navy  

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 8:18 am
I don’t know why but I’m feeling quite traumatised. Especially with everything going on in Israel.

amother
  Springgreen  

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 8:18 am
amother Navy wrote:
Was just now waiting for the 318 bus outside Carmel Stamford Hill. He opened the doors for a [cleaner] in front of me and literally closed the doors in front of my face and sped off. Should I report to Shomrim?

I wouldn't

amother
  White  

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 10:14 am
amother Navy wrote:

I would. It could be you weren't the only one hes doing it to.
Mention it to Shomrim and say Im only telling you in case I might not be the only one then this bus driver is doing it on purpose!
Hahsem I saw clips of whats going on in Russia, how they broke into the airport looking to kill jewish people coming on a flight from Israel. They made it onto the TARMAC imagine hethrow airport being raided like that.
Tell them the date, the time and where the bus was heading. then they will be able to identify the driver

amother
  Brickred  

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 11:58 am
amother Navy wrote:

Call police non emergency which is 101. There should be CCTV of it.
Police are very supportive and it's very important to keep reporting.
Page 14 of 16   Previous  1  2  3 13 14  15  16  Next Recent Topics