Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 5:23 pm
amother Valerian wrote:
Hmm. I think '19 Scratching Head

I'm so curious!!

amother
  Valerian  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 5:23 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
I'm probably the only one from Bnos... ver dervagt zich from bnos to have internet? Wink
I only lately became open minded and yes I felt second class as a girl for being a "bnosy" I hope my children will have a better future as there are already 2 new more frumer schools and bnos is not bnos anymore.

S'iz taker shreklich. I taught in Bnos at one point. And I only take the liberty of saying this since I'm anonymous Surprised

amother
  Navy  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 5:28 pm
In my times there was no BCL or any other chassidish school besides Satmer and bnos. Belz opened later that’s why we had a real mixture in our class at YHS

amother
  Magnolia  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 5:29 pm
amother Beige wrote:
Are you sending them to Bnos?!?

Who said I do? like I said bnos is not the same anymore, the real frumer send to bnos melochim so it's a nice neutral mix.

amother
  Valerian  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 5:30 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
Hi There I'm from Stamford Hill too! I really wonder if we know each other...
To which chasides do you belong? To what school did you go to/send? (answer only if you want)
What do you like about sh and what do you wish would be different?
I love the accessibility to get to places like I have the underground 2 mins away, West End is literally my neighbour!
I also love that we get uc! we don't realize how lucky we are.
What I love most is that people are not judged by there chasides or head covering I am chasidish and always felt comfortable with more modern neighbours, in beis brucha.
I wish there would be more job opportunities for chasidishe girls other then teaching.

Do you really feel that way? I feel like this is a pretty judgmental place.

amother
  Magnolia  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 5:31 pm
amother Valerian wrote:
S'iz taker shreklich. I taught in Bnos at one point. And I only take the liberty of saying this since I'm anonymous Surprised

What year did you teach? I really wonder if you taught me!

amother
  Valerian  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 5:32 pm
amother Navy wrote:
In my times there was no BCL or any other chassidish school besides Satmer and bnos. Belz opened later that’s why we had a real mixture in our class at YHS

I'm guessing you're well over 40...? Around when did Belz open?

amother
Hawthorn  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 5:32 pm
amother Banana wrote:
I'm mainly talking about spending money on clothe they don't have.
I was in sem with a lot oh SH girls all wearing top of the range clothe.
Whilst they complained they don't have money for essentials.
This is not just the girls after I asked people about it they said there family's are like that.

LOL that you call their clothes top of the range.

I went to Sem with girls from Manchester, Gateshead, GG and SH and many more places and the simplicity of the English girls is really one of a kind. I don't think you find that anywhere else besides for in Yeshivish places like BB. The SH girls dress way better than the other English places but still, I would never call it over the top!!

I have lots of family in the tri state area and you she see how they dress and spend their money. They could spend 1000 dollars on a coat for a teenager and young girls need real jewellery etc.

Personally, I find this karg atitude off putting and very choking. Think rationing food! I have seen it myself. There is not much rachvos in UK mentality. SH is slightly better.

In the USA, people make more money and spend more as well. I guess that's where the difference stems.

amother
  Valerian  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 5:34 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
What year did you teach? I really wonder if you taught me!

2008-2013 Smile

amother
  Magnolia  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 5:35 pm
Well only answer if you feel like, you don't have to give yourself away...
As you wrote it's anonymous so upto you.

amother
  Magnolia  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 5:38 pm
amother Valerian wrote:
2008-2013 Smile

Bump! but thank you, I was in Infants 2 2008 and in form 1 in 2013 so?! what age did you teach?!

amother
  Valerian  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 5:40 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
Bump! but thank you, I was in Infants 2 2008 and in form 1 in 2013 so?! what age did you teach?!

Phew! nope, not you. I taught Yr 10 and 11

amother
  OP  

amother Valerian wrote:
Do you really feel that way? I feel like this is a pretty judgmental place.

It depends. I think people judge you if you are more modern than them. If that makes sense...

amother
  Navy  

There’s also so many Chassidishe Shuls that have opened up over the years. Who remembers Holosh on Moundfield Road. We have now a massive Biale shul.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 5:42 pm
amother Hawthorn wrote:
LOL that you call their clothes top of the range.

I went to Sem with girls from Manchester, Gateshead, GG and SH and many more places and the simplicity of the English girls is really one of a kind. I don't think you find that anywhere else besides for in Yeshivish places like BB. The SH girls dress way better than the other English places but still, I would never call it over the top!!

I have lots of family in the tri state area and you she see how they dress and spend their money. They could spend 1000 dollars on a coat for a teenager and young girls need real jewellery etc.

Personally, I find this karg atitude off putting and very choking. Think rationing food! I have seen it myself. There is not much rachvos in UK mentality. SH is slightly better.

In the USA, people make more money and spend more as well. I guess that's where the difference stems.

Where have you experienced that? We are very generous with food over here. I don`t think you can label an entire group of people as being karg!

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 5:43 pm
amother Navy wrote:
There’s also so many Chassidishe Shuls that have opened up over the years. Who remembers Holosh on Moundfield Road. We have now a massive Biale shul.

As well as so many new mosdos BH. When I was growing up there were maybe 6 or 7 girls schools and now there are probably around double that amount!

amother
  Valerian  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 5:45 pm
amother Navy wrote:

Yep, creaky old holosh Wink

amother
  Magnolia  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 5:46 pm
amother Valerian wrote:
Phew! nope, not you. I taught Yr 10 and 11

A shame but I probably know you by face... are you on the school picture in the office?
Did you enjoy the maze from one class to another? By now they redid it on the inside.
What do you say about bnos then and now?

amother
Wine  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 5:48 pm
DH is from SH.
He will never ever move back there….
His grandfather is known there for being blind since the war…anyone there know him?

amother
  Navy  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 5:57 pm
Does his Surname start with a H?
Page 4 of 16   Previous  1  2  3  4  5 14  15  16  Next Recent Topics